Main Menu

wierdness ?

Started by PeterWolf, 14 June, 2007, 08:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

I need this clarifying.

Do my posts that are  "wierd"    get on anyones tits  ?

does anyone find them interesting?

Somewhere in between ?           Not at all       A lot?

Are they alright if confined to one thread?

whenever i post something "wierd " does everyone just sigh  ?

To a certain extent it comes with the territory

I  need  to  know.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

I, Cosh

This has been pretty much covered already hasn't it?

Any one if your posts in isolation is probably fine, but the sheer volume of them in such a short space of time (particularly multiple replies to yourself on the same threads) is rather wearing.

As has been suggested previously, post in moderation here about the usual geeky nonsense and get a blog for the rest of it. Hell, you can even post the link so everyone knows where to ignore it.

Finally, I no longer bother to read most of your posts, but what I have leads me to believe that your definition of "weird" falls somewhere between what I'd describe as "banal" and "tedious."
We never really die.

Noisybast

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42351000/jpg/_42351271_jackblack_pa.jpg">
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Art

You know everything is not an anecdote. You have to discriminate. You choose things that are funny or mildly amusing or interesting. You're a miracle! Your stories have NONE of that. They're not even amusing ACCIDENTALLY! "Honey, I'd like you to meet Del Griffith, he's got some amusing anecodotes for you. Oh and here's a gun so you can blow your brains out. You'll thank me for it." I could tolerate any insurance seminar. For days I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, "How can you stand it?" I'd say, "'Cause I've been with Del Griffith. I can take ANYTHING." You know what they'd say? They'd say, "I know what you mean. The shower curtain ring guy. Woah." It's like going on a date with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you have a little string on your chest, you know, that I pull out and have to snap back. Except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back - you would. Agh! Agh! Agh! Agh! And by the way, you know, when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener!

Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093748/quotes" target="_blank">http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093748/quotes

sixmo

I would prefer it if you spelt your favourite word "weird" rather than using your own system (apologies for being a spelling-nazi!). Also, you do have a tendancy to reply to your own posts a bit too much which makes me skim to the last one to see if there is a nugget of something interesting in there.
Best bet is to stick to the one thread for all the weird things you want to say, and then concentrate on short and to the point posts for the other things that take your fancy.

Mangamax

To digress, Art - top choice o' film quote. Hugely underrated, Steve Martins best after The Man With Two Brains and STILL chokes me up at the end.
And, as your link shows so well, chock fulla killer quotes.
Me favourite:

"Her first baby came out sideways, she didn't scream or nothin."

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

WoD

I tend not to read them...sorry.

Wils

It's been a while since I felt I had to hear this noise.

[plonk!]

Peter Wolf

If my definition of wierd  is "banal"  or "tedious"   then you must  be having a much more exciting time than i am .      I just tell it how it is.

Without going over old ground, all the obvious points have been taken on board [i hope ] although this issue hasnt been dealt with specifically.      thats why i am asking.   its the final issue that i am not sure about now.

without feedback how the hell am i supposed to know what to do ?    am i supposed to read minds  ?   [only joking  !]  .

I feel i am returning now to how i was at the beginning only with more on topic than off topic.      

I posted on the general wierdness post recently regarding another boarders ghost problem as it was relevant.       Wether anyone actually thinks it is  rubbish isnt actually important to me that much.    I am not put out by that at all  but obviously better if someone is interested of course.

I  gave them advice but the rest is up to them but they can ask questions if they like.

Looking from your perspective and everyone elses too it can look like i am flooding the board with posts.      these should be slowly reducing in number as less is more in this case.
         [ i am a bit slow arent i ]

I will still post on the general  coincidence thread as i think that is what you are hinting at  sporadically as the need arises from now on and nowhere else.

I liked the term "geeky nonsense" as well ,unlike anything else here of course  !

I am replying to everyone here in this post  not just yourself specifically.

Thanks for reading.

COMMANDO FORCES

I have just NOT got the time to read all your posts as I would be here for ever.

Quirkafleeg

http://premium1.uploadit.org/angryrobots/look-at-me.jpg">

Peter Wolf

no no no   thats why i may start a blog.     I dont care wro does or doesnt read it.      i am cutting down on posting as i said and i mean it.     Thats final...      although if i was to deny the message in your picture then i would be an idiot.     Today is the final day of my "adjusment".        And hasnt that dog got wierd eyes  ?

hes not doing much either sitting there looking at you    Throw a ball for him or something.              Make him do some work.

Buttonman

Any weirdness thread is a no-no for me, although it is weird how I got here. People telling you their weird experiences is like them telling you their dreams and that's as dull as it gets.

Weird spelling tip - it's weird that it doesn't follow 'i before e except after c'.

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Art

Gart speaks!

Heh. Look, if no one else has picked it up by now they're probably not going to.