Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

Yup. Standing orders become required on most part works. I so have one news agent in Leeds that often continues to get a couple of issues but as it is in the bus/coach station I wouldn't even rely on that.

I may cancel my sub & order it through OK comics so I know exactly when they will arrive. Yet despite getting them after they are in shops the service is good so I dunno...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Fluffy Clemmy

May decide to sub. How are people finding Hachette? I subbed to the Marvel GN Collection. They were ok until I cancelled my sub then they were a nightmare to deal with.

robert_ellis

I found them ok - I had 2 books replaced quickly & cancelled my sub within a couple of days. I found email worked pretty well. I only cancelled because I prefer buying the books individually. I'll re-sub if WHSmiths stops getting the MegaCollection in. I sold all the dented books on eBay so it worked out well

Tjm86

Tjm86

Oops, sorry, just found it - Fourth Faction.  Nice.

robert_ellis

It seems quite bonkers to jump into very modern dredd - thought we'd get some judge death or chopper first

The Monarch

I actually thought judge child was next it was a surprise for it to be doc so soon

COMMANDO FORCES

The next four books will be....

10. 'Shimura'
11. 'Day of Chaos: The Fourth Faction'
12. 'Democracy Now!'
13. 'Hondo-City Justice'

Timothy

robert_ellis

Maybe b&w stuff puts off the average punter?

Apestrife

I wonder what stories Democracy now will include. Pretty sure Better the devil you know and Twillight's last gleaming will find it's way into the collection. Hopefully also Letter from a democrat and Revolution. But it'd still be quite short on pages even then?

Skank

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 02 June, 2015, 04:36:52 PM
Where has the Judge Child Quest slipped to?

i imagine they're holding it back, they already put out two of the early epics, so they probably want to space the others out a bit.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Fluffy Clemmy on 01 June, 2015, 06:33:29 PM
May decide to sub. How are people finding Hachette? I subbed to the Marvel GN Collection. They were ok until I cancelled my sub then they were a nightmare to deal with.
For this series, I've found some of the packaging pretty poor (notably those books sent with free gifts), but Hachette has replaced those issues that I deemed in unacceptable condition, with said replacements showing up within a week. My preferred method of contact has been Facebook. I think the longest it's taken to get a reply from them is under two days, which I'm more than happy with.

Naturally, my last two books showed up in perfect condition, and then I dropped them on the floor, thereby dinging one of them. Some kind of weird book karma? I dunno. (And, no, I didn't ask for a replacement for those!)

Tjm86

Quote from: robert_ellis on 02 June, 2015, 04:59:11 PM
Maybe b&w stuff puts off the average punter?

Could also be that the colour stuff has generally been of a better standard than the B&W stuff.  Cursed Earth wasn't as bad as some of those put out so far but the Father Earth stuff was shocking.  Perhaps the source material is easier to work with for the more recent stuff?

Zenith 666

I'm loving these and a full collection going to be incredible.Reading through The heavy mob last night I was shocked at Clint langleys art for holocaust squad and that Robbie Morrison the creator of Nikolai Dante and writer of the incredible Enceladus was responsible for Brit-brute.its definitely the weakest book so far but one from ten is an incredible hit rate.Most looking forward to OZ and Judgement day.... Yes that's judgement day I loved it.