Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

I can not take this. To much brilliant.

JayzusB.Christ

Yep, everything is awesome.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ming

Thanks, folks!

Quote from: Greg M. on 16 February, 2014, 03:55:09 PMI know it's not 2000AD, but given that you've done Shako and Flesh, surely Hook Jaw is the obvious follow-up?

I'll give it some thought...  A limited amount of bricks of any one colour might make it slightly tricky but I'll put it on the to-do list.

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 19 February, 2014, 12:45:07 PM
Nice to see Pat himself sharing these on Facebook!   :D

Yes, that was nice - although I'm sure someone else has probably done this kind of thing before me (and done it better).

Specific 2000AD mini-figs would be AMAZING but it's fun just to see what you can throw together with a few bits and pieces.  I've got a couple more ideas for things that we can try out soon but things I'd really like to take on are probably beyond me until we start amassing dangerous quantities of Lego.  I'll definitely attempt to make a better Mongrol and Mek-Quake before the end of the year, though.

Other than that, I can just take a random Lego bloke, stick him in front of someone on a motorbike and start telling the boys just how fast he's really running.  Compu-puntcture Hyper-Power is less dated than Steve Austin, anyway.  I mean, what does Six Million buy you these days? :lol:

Spikes

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 19 February, 2014, 12:45:07 PM
Nice to see Pat himself sharing these on Facebook!   :D

Has he? That's pretty brilliant.

And spooky at the same time - He's watching us!   ;)

But good stuff Ming. Just a thought; Have you no vintage Space Lego at your disposal?

ming

Quote from: Judge Jack on 20 February, 2014, 06:11:09 PMBut good stuff Ming. Just a thought; Have you no vintage Space Lego at your disposal?

Unfortunately, no.  (All my childhood Lego disappeared long ago.)  However, we've got craploads of pirate lego figures inbound for Feliks' birthday so maybe I can set up some Harryhausen-like Red Seas scenes later in the year...

ming

Following Greg's suggestion, we went through a couple of iterations of Hookjaw today...  The first was a bit of a quick an dirty test and then that got refined a bit; some elements I was happy with in both but they're a bit slapdash to be honest.  To be continued at some point, I suppose.  The boys loved the name Hookjaw, and the general concept, and I'm glad to say they're pretty clear who should win in battles of nature versus humans... Us puny mammals are naturally just food for the likes of Shako and Hookjaw.

The hook (well, a spear) is a bit hard to spot, but it's there...

I've never actually read Hookjaw in it's entirety; I was too young for Action and never followed up of what I missed for some reason.  Shame on me.

Colin YNWA

This keeps getting better and better!

Greg M.

Quote from: ming on 22 February, 2014, 07:38:41 PM
The boys loved the name Hookjaw, and the general concept, and I'm glad to say they're pretty clear who should win in battles of nature versus humans... Us puny mammals are naturally just food for the likes of Shako and Hookjaw.

Hurrah - that's a proper Pat Mills philosophy right there! I'm very glad your lads got into Hook Jaw - seeing your rather scary Lego version makes me feel like I've just had an artistic commission done! Excellent work!

(For what it's worth, Action was before my time too – or to be more accurate, I was born on the very date of the famous withdrawn issue that someone else is looking for in another thread. But having read the whole thing since, I don't think there's ever been another comic strip like 'Hook Jaw' because it is episode after episode of unrelenting hysteria, with no break and no relief. Even the likes of 'Flesh' or 'Shako' have conventional stories to 'em, where the action rises and ebbs - 'Hook Jaw' is a case of 'And then it gets worse! And then more people die! And remember those folk that the hero went to all the bother of saving last week? They all die this week too!' Manic intensity - no wonder kids loved it!)

So... Big Hungry from Flesh Bk II next? ;)

Hawkmumbler

ming

Imagine if there had been a Lego Ro-Busters set when you were a kid... *sigh*

CrazyFoxMachine

Ming these are so cool :D If only 3A were puttin' figures out this fast ;)

ming

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 01 March, 2014, 10:20:51 PM
Ming these are so cool :D If only 3A were puttin' figures out this fast ;)

Hah - I'd be flat broke!  It's the lack of other decent 2000AD toys that partly led us to take this on; that and the fact it's huge fun.  At some point we'll escape the gravitational pull of Pat Mills characters, but probably not immediately...

O Lucky Stevie!

Bloody hell Ming! Can you be Stevie's dad?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

ming

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 02 March, 2014, 02:35:35 AM
Bloody hell Ming! Can you be Stevie's dad?

As long as it doesn't involve waking me up in the middle of the night and generally costing me a small fortune, yes.

:)

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: ming on 01 March, 2014, 10:26:02 PM
At some point we'll escape the gravitational pull of Pat Mills characters, but probably not immediately...

Well you haven't done Dr Feeley Good yet, for one thing...  ;)
@jamesfeistdraws