Started by Colin YNWA, 29 November, 2010, 11:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

A couple of photos from Twitter:

A sneak shot of a Judge on patrol:

http://yfrog.com/h262790911j

A hat/helmet swap:

http://twitpic.com/4jmfh7
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

GordonR

Quote from: Kerrin on 12 April, 2011, 06:51:10 PM
Absolutely Colin! I'd forgotten about Strip when I wrote that. I'm really looking forward to seeing what it's like and I'll more than likely buy a few to dish out to mate's kids. Pester power! Is the plan to have it ready for Bristol? I've lost track of what the release date is now.

It doesn't have one, not since the originally announced February 2011 one came and went.

It's no secret that Strip's had problems getting off the starting blocks - the Monsterology project that PJ Holden and I were doing for them (as mentioned in the recent Meg article) is now unfortunately happening elsewhere - but I'm hoping there'll be some more news at Bristol. 

John Freeman's poured an incredible amount of work and dedication into it, and I'm hopeful we'll soon see the outcome of it all.

Judge Palmer

[quote

The bulk of it might not be flashy work that jumps out at you, but a skim of CGI to take the locations and give them a bit of a futuristic twist. It might be one of the reasons they hooked up with the District 9 team (as well as price) as they managed to get that combination working for them without breaking the bank. The same with the first bit of Blomkamp's Halo short film, when you realise the robots are making the Halo jeeps but it all seems seamless:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sQfc0VIRMk

[/quote]

Thanks for sharing that link Emperor, that Halo footage looks awesome, the CGI effects were very impressive!  :)
Creep broke the rules, he's doing time!

Judge Palmer

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 12 April, 2011, 10:54:16 PM
Unbelievable. Guinness World Records actually has a piece about the record attempt on YouTube and feckin' Burdis is in it more than I am!

Gaah!

Jim

Lol, I noticed that too Jim, a great left to right scanning short of John about to Hi-Ex a perp. Great to see Dan's costume out in the mainstream again. :)

uncle fester

Ha! Actually now I've watched that clip, it turns out I'm in it too! Along with Lady F and KevLev's quiff! We only went to the table to say hello to Jim!

Judge Palmer

You lucky people you, i'm so gutted I missed this!  :( Roll on next year's Kapow Con  :)

dweezil2

OK finally back and rested from KaPow and a great King's X gig where I had the added pleasure of meeting top bloke and fellow boarder Steve Longdon!

My take on the event:

The 2000ad panel on Saturday was cool and it was reassuring to hear Jock say that the rough footage he'd seen of the Dredd movie was hardcore and shit-hot as was the Lawmaster.
Matt Smith added that we should not expect the finished film until spring 2012.

Little disappointed not to see any stills, footage or input from the filmmakers but I can appreciate why there wasn't.

Steve Dillon was a top bloke as was the lovely Duncan Jones-who signed my copy of Moon (and the Wife blagged a nice signed Source Code poster) and was also kind enough to answer my question on his love of 2000ad and if he'd be up for directing a Rogue Trooper movie-which he said he'd love to do if he could incorporate the bio-chips successfully.

The Stan Lee awards ceremony was a bit of a shambles-but it was the first one so there were bound to be a few teething troubles and hopefully they'll sort this out for next year.

Sunday was a shorter day for me as I was begin to suffer a bit of queuing fatigue, but I did have the pleasure of meeting the charming Liam Sarp and his lovely partner and picked up my signed Dredd print and even though he was running out of time for his slot he was kind enough to do me a Dredd sketch- which I'll treasure.

The venue layout was very good and overall I had a great time and would certainly consider next year's.

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Teivion

'as was the lovely Duncan Jones-who signed my copy of Moon (and the Wife blagged a nice signed Source Code poster) and was also kind enough to answer my question on his love of 2000ad and if he'd be up for directing a Rogue Trooper movie-which he said he'd love to do if he could incorporate the bio-chips successfully.'

You must have read my mind, that would have been the very thing Id have asked, (or maybe Stront...)

Looks like for a first go the con was a good one, must book a table for next year !

Commando Forces must have had a ball as Dredd, awesome to have a true crowd pleaser in our midst  ;-)

D

COMMANDO FORCES

Amazing as it may seem, I actually bought some non Dredd/2000AD items over the weekend, this being my favourite The Gutters Omnibus Vol 1

It's an oversized coffee table book about 15" square and it's bloody lovely. The cover drew me to it as it's taken from an old pic on a skyscraper and all the superheroes are slightly raised from the page. I always ask people selling non Dredd items to try and sell their stuff to me, so obviously I asked the bods at this stand to have a go. They did a good job and I said I would be back near the end of the con to get it, as it was big. It was priced at £30 and when I eventually came back they knocked off a tenner, they said many people say they will be back but I was the only one and so they did that for me. How nice!

Without me jabbering on about it I thought I would swipe a quote from their website about the book.

QuoteIn brief, Gutters is a series of standalone pages that parody the comic book industry and the heroes and characters that dwell within. Think of it as an editorial cartoon targeting comic books, and you'll understand where we're going with it. Gutters is written by Ryan Sohmer, with Lar deSouza as Art Director and Ed Ryzowski serving as colorist. As for who will be doing the actual art, well, that's where things get interesting (and slightly different). Rather than have one artist pencil each page, we elected to have a rotating roster of professional artists, among them some giants in the comic book industry alongside new and emerging talent.

This is very funny and the perfect book just to dip in and out of when you feel like it. I've added a few pics, just to show the quality of the whole thing!

Emperor

I love the Gutters, comics are here:

www.the-gutters.com

Quote from: dweezil2 on 13 April, 2011, 04:08:19 PM
Steve Dillon was a top bloke as was the lovely Duncan Jones-who signed my copy of Moon (and the Wife blagged a nice signed Source Code poster) and was also kind enough to answer my question on his love of 2000ad and if he'd be up for directing a Rogue Trooper movie-which he said he'd love to do if he could incorporate the bio-chips successfully.

Well done that man. Now someone make this happen.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Wake

I've uploaded the 2000AD talk here

http://www.2000ad.org/audio/kapow2011.php

Does anyone have a photo of the panel that I can use on the page?

Cheers,

Wake

Emperor

Any chance of a downloadable MP3*? I'm getting requests to install a missing plugin on that page and then being told there is no such plugin available.

* Or if you are worried about bandwidth I can upload it to Tumblr.

Wake

Quote from: Emperor on 13 April, 2011, 06:26:11 PM
Any chance of a downloadable MP3*? I'm getting requests to install a missing plugin on that page and then being told there is no such plugin available.

* Or if you are worried about bandwidth I can upload it to Tumblr.

It's in Windows Media .wma format at the moment. I'll see about converting it to .mp3 of you could try and download the file. I'll add a link on the page.

Cheers,

Wake

COMMANDO FORCES

Wake, if you go to page 23 there are two close pics of the panel one of the left side and one of the right. That's the best I could do!

The add on worked straight away for me and I'm listening to it now...

Steve Green