Main Menu

Favourite scenes from DREDD

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 27 September, 2012, 06:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

OBVIOUSLY THIS WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS

There are loads of amazing scenes throughout the whole film, along with quotable stuff to keep us all happy for many a year. Thinking about that, why not list your favourite or your top few and why you like it/them so much!

THE ROOM ENTRY:-

I would rate this as my top scene just because it was spot on and I couldn't fault it, especially in the tactical approach.

We start off with Dredd and Anderson needing to somehow get through this room full of perps, to reach the medical centre. They both stand outside the door, Dredd gives a warning, to which the perps give their main advantage away (their numbers). The advantage they have with firepower is lost due to the way the Judges enter the room!

Dredd arms his flash bang with a sweep of the device over his forearm. He then rolls it into the room through the crack in the door and waits for the explosion. When it happens, it is glorious!

The flash temporarily blinds the perps while the bang disorientates. This means that Dredd and Anderson can enter the room and methodically dispatch the perps with ease. Some lovely weapon drills as they use covering arcs of fire, double taps, placed shots, good stances and to round it off, Dredd does that stunning mag change. All the perps are dead or dying, so the room is secured, he ejects the mag from the Lawgiver and as it's still falling to the floor, he's moving his new mag towards the weapon to feed it into the pistol grip :thumbsup:

The reason he's doing this is so that he has a fresh mag ready for anything that may happen. It would be a disaster if they had another contact and after firing two rounds, he heard the dead mans click (this is when you pull the trigger and there isn't a round in the chamber. Hence, you hear the 'dead mans click')

This scene shows how realistic the action was and how both actors went for it and listened to their instructors. Thank drokk we didn't get any of that Hollywood bollocks which winds me right up!

I have many other favourites but I thought I'd see what other people liked and why, before I list the whole film ;)

Jim_Campbell

Caleb takes a fall. I love the way that Dredd frog-marches him out like he's some delinquent juve he's just caught with a spray can, and then...

Always gets a laugh.

And not a scene, per se, but possibly my favourite thing about the whole movie: Anderson not needing to be rescued. She bides her time, makes her move, and then goes and rescues Dredd.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Molch-R

Post-rail gun attack, where Ma-Ma hears gunshots and then sees Dredd swagger out off the smoke with her henchman, throw him off the balcony, and then swagger back into the smoke. He doesn't even pause or pout, he just sends his warning and then gets on with the job. Classic.

JOE SOAP

Michaelvk

Love the gatlings (though the theatre could've been louder..).. The guy who gets it outside the lift (after his mate gets yanked into the lift into gunfire) and who's head explodes always makes me giggle.. Caleb's swan dive & Dredd stalking off into the smoke.. Hotshot..

There's too much to list, really..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Beeks

Quote from: Molch-R on 27 September, 2012, 06:28:40 PM
Post-rail gun attack, where Ma-Ma hears gunshots and then sees Dredd swagger out off the smoke with her henchman, throw him off the balcony, and then swagger back into the smoke. He doesn't even pause or pout, he just sends his warning and then gets on with the job. Classic.

This is the standout for me..pure menacing Dredd

I have to give special mention to Judge Lex though..really liked him as a character and thought the actor who played him was very good
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Beeks

Oh and the Juve scene

Juve: Freeze!

Dredd: Why?
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Michaelvk

..and the first time the lawgiver fired..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Dandontdare

The bit that made the hairs on my neck stand up each and every every time was when Ma Ma takes the mic, sits down, takes a breath and says "Peach Trees [pause] This is Ma Ma" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK_3YIkTmVE&list=PLn9kZxo8qamYwoaPu17xeoPOyhxuXDcjR&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Fisticuffs

There's a brief shot during the initial bike chase with the camera behind Dredd on his Lawmaster, as he weaves through traffic after the perps in the van. Just that 2 or 3 seconds are some of my favourite in the whole film, it's just so.. dynamic! Really drags you in to the world and the scene.

blackmocco

Been reliving the movie in my head all the time and so many favorite scenes but for now, the one that's stuck in my head is a simple one straight out of the comic.

"Dredd to control: we'll take Peach Trees."

Have to say though, podgy Judge getting his throat punched in works for me every time. The reaction from the audience every time is just glorious...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

von Boom

Ditto Caleb's big dive. But I really like it when MaMa looks back and sees the form of Dredd receding into the smoke. Very cool image.

Mikey

The whole lead up to and including Caleb's demise-the way Dredd tracks them through the smoke and ends up top dog,natch. Caleb's swan dive was such a great character moment.

The interrogation. Especially Dredd's seething resentment when Cass takes over.

But THE BEST for me was the final scene. They exit the Block, Dredd is asked "What happened in there?" and he replies,deadpan as you please "Drug bust." Lush!

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

von Boom

Quote from: Mikey on 27 September, 2012, 08:58:26 PM

But THE BEST for me was the final scene. They exit the Block, Dredd is asked "What happened in there?" and he replies,deadpan as you please "Drug bust." Lush!

M

Dredd. Master of the understatement.

Electromud

Ditto for the interrogation scene. I also liked when Dredd was laying out the rules of Anderson's assessment. I just love that Dredds a total bad*ss in this film.
...the mask..the costume..the weapons..you know what I smell? I smell vigilante. And I don't like vigilantes!