Main Menu

Where dust goes to gather...

Started by Trout, 18 September, 2007, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 26 April, 2019, 12:06:49 PM
'Sobbing' This won't be a problem. IT WONT BE A PROBLEM.

My exact words regarding Amiibo.

SIP

Yeah, pictures are more interesting.....

Sadly, a lot of my G1 stuff is currently stored away, though I have still got a few of the big boys sitting about.like Metroplex, Trypticon and Scorponok.....

A couple of masterpiece figures and a Unicron standing next to them....

My MP10 Prime's are currently gathering dust in a detolf alongside a reissue G1 optimus and some of my 1/6 scale figures....

Sneaking in at the bottom is my 1/6 Indy, one of my (no joke intended) holy grail possessions.

Cheers.

SIP

Oh, and one last one for the 1970's kids.....gathering increasing dust under my bedroom TV are the three original Classic Lego Space ships from circa 1978/79.....from left to right, LL928 Galaxy explorer, LL918 and LL924.

Thanlfully my wife is an infinitely tolerant human being. And that's enough of my tat.....

SIP

.....almost. I need to throw in classic star wars to finish the dust tour....

1983 Kenner versus 2018 hot toys.

And 1978 kenner too.....

Because, stormtroopers are cool.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: SIP on 26 April, 2019, 06:15:40 PMgathering increasing dust under my bedroom TV
Someone needs to invent a Lego de-duster. So. Much. Dusting.

SIP

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 April, 2019, 06:59:41 PM
Quote from: SIP on 26 April, 2019, 06:15:40 PMgathering increasing dust under my bedroom TV

They're almost impossible to clean eh? I've got a big lego millenium falcon, and it's incredibly fragile.....just impossible to clean (or move). I guess Lego was not a toy that was designed for display! 

Pyroxian

Quote from: SIP on 26 April, 2019, 08:50:25 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 April, 2019, 06:59:41 PM

They're almost impossible to clean eh? I've got a big lego millenium falcon, and it's incredibly fragile.....just impossible to clean (or move). I guess Lego was not a toy that was designed for display!

I use a soft paintbrush. Apparently Some make-up brushes are good as well.

IndigoPrime

We collect the modulars. I've subsequently added quite a few vehicles and minifigs. The display is about 80% dust, although it's at least not as bad as when it was mostly Zoids. Those buggers are impossible to clean.

Pyroxian

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 April, 2019, 11:41:28 PM
We collect the modulars. I've subsequently added quite a few vehicles and minifigs. The display is about 80% dust, although it's at least not as bad as when it was mostly Zoids. Those buggers are impossible to clean.

Yeah, I've got a fairly dusty Krark/Salamander on top of a bookshelf...

Proudhuff

I think we need a dust buster!!! thread
DDT did a job on me

sheridan

Quote from: SIP on 26 April, 2019, 08:50:25 PM

I do wonder this about some of the modern Lego - if it's too fragile to be easily moved then it isn't a toy any more - and Lego should be a toy first and foremost!

IndigoPrime

I dunno. Although it might sound a bit Lord Business, I'd say Lego has multiple purposes these days. Primarily, it's a toy line, but it's also a nostalgia-infused kit line – the modern-day equivalent of Airfix. Let's face it – there aren't too many kids who are going to play with the Architecture line, or the Vestas Wind Turbine set. Even that gigantic Hogwarts Castle set is very much a display piece, rather than something to sit there playing with.

TordelBack

Very true!  I wonder could there also be a reflection of childhood use patterns? My son used to build his Lego sets and play with them as if they were 'regular' toys, seldom if ever breaking them up (except temporarily in crashes etc). There's still a few of his SW vehicles dotted around the place. By contrast my daughter (9) barely finishes any new set before she's pulled it apart and merged it into her latest Lumberjanes-inspired project, an ever-evolving spread of carefully outfitted log cabins and tree-houses that never stay the same for longer than a day.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 April, 2019, 07:20:22 PM
Very true!  I wonder could there also be a reflection of childhood use patterns? My son used to build his Lego sets and play with them as if they were 'regular' toys, seldom if ever breaking them up (except temporarily in crashes etc). There's still a few of his SW vehicles dotted around the place. By contrast my daughter (9) barely finishes any new set before she's pulled it apart and merged it into her latest Lumberjanes-inspired project, an ever-evolving spread of carefully outfitted log cabins and tree-houses that never stay the same for longer than a day.

Not going to lie, this made me grin from ear to ear. You're bringing your sprog up on some choice comics, Tordels my good man.

IndigoPrime

Mini-IP (4) is like that with her sets, which have been smashed to bits and recombined into all manner of oddball contraptions. Most of a London bus still exists, as does a dinosaur, and parts of a house. But mostly, it's BUILD ALL OF THE THINGS. Hence why she's not getting free rein with my modulars. Getting those back together again would be a bloody nightmare. (She does get all the vehicles now and again, though, from the Mystery Machine to Ecto-1.)