Main Menu

Prog 1354 - I'm not embarressed

Started by WoD, 18 August, 2003, 03:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

ah right.  i've been wondering that for ages.

Pete Wells

I'm not *too* upset by the tv characters appearing in Leviation and it certainly isn't detracting from what I see as one of the coolest strips to emerge for yonks. I just tend to ignore it. But while we're on the subject, wasn't the guy who tried to mug David Jason actually Albert Steptoe?

Proudhuff

I always thought it was Weapons Ranger...
DDT did a job on me

DavidXBrunt

Me, I like the cover. So there you go. You are all wrong, and I am right. That is all there is to it.

Dredd - nicely coming along. Hopefully the explanations come soon though.

B&K - Like this a lot. Really enjoyed this tale. More soon, please.

Leviathon - Very good stuff indeed. Sign Edginton and D'Israeli up for another series, any other series, and do it now.

Slaine - Glad to see the Moloch aspect, makes the tale seem like a whole story, rather than just a sequence of invasions.

Stronty - it's funny and it looks good. What more could you want?

Oddboy

Cover - a bit rubbish really.  And yellow.

Dredd - stepping up some more, good story

B&K - Very enjoyable story.  B&K have been a bit hit & miss for me - but this one's a hit.

Leviathan - Lovely artwork.  The 'cameos' I haven't noticed at all (other than what people here have said, which I'm ignoring for the sake of enjoying the story).  The story did seem a little The Scrap like this week, but hopefully it's going to move off into other things soon.

Sl?ine - Really not sure if I like this or not.  I'm going to....   like it (better then not liking it really, and makes the prog seem better).

Stront - Class.

Better set your phaser to stun.

prah

Mine hasn't arrived in the post yet :'(

In the words of Alan Partridge - UN-Believable!

Waddie

Spoilers

Cover: It's not badly painted or anything, Davis' style just doesn't suit Bec & Kawl.

Dredd: I was really enjoying the "quietly snooping around" episodes.  Looks like we're back to standard Dredd stuff now though.

Bec & Kawl: I liked it.

Leviathan: Highlight of the prog.  I must not watch enough telly; I didn't notice any pilfered characters or names.

Slaine: The art is so beautiful and the plot is so 'meh'.  It flails stupidly from tedious wiffle that says very little about anything to barely one-dimensional action.

Strontium Dog: A nicely paced episode, if perhaps just a bit too silly towards the end.  Oh, and printed in the right order.  Hurrah!  On a slightly related note, I learned yesterday that Games Workshop's special edition miniature for Games Day is officially to be known as "Wolf Priest Sternhammer".  I am dismayed.

Darren Stephens

That cover....sweet baby jesus. I kinda like Davis' art, but sometimes its like he's got a little group of mates that pose for his strips, meaning the characters faces look great....but not much else does. I remember a one time Tharg telling an artist wannabe at a con once-'dont use too much photo reference for faces, it doesnt allways work. Look at David Roaches work......!'
Darren
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

prah

I've actually had to go out and buy the Prog now, as it's Thursday and I STILL haven't received my copy in the post. Anybody else had troubles?

opaque

Well my subs copy now seems to go to my work address as I had the mugs sent there.
Agree about the cover though, it makes the character look SO old, normally I don't mind other artists doing covers but with B&K I think it'd only work with the original artist.

The Amstor Computer

Dunno about that - I thought Duncan Fegredo's art for the first B&K cover was pretty good.

...Oh, and speaking of good covers: Jock, if you're reading this - fucking excellent cover for Losers #6 :-)

Queen Firey-Bou

ARghhhhHH! i STILL havent had time to even open the envelope! thrill power running lowwwwwwwww

prah

I haven't even seen the envelope yet.... *cries*

oscam

I Loath that cover with everything in my soul.
Bec looks like about a million years old with that wrinkly face.
Progs good though.
Dredds coming along. Wish something would happen though.
Strontys great as ever. My fave strip.
Leviathan seems to have waned since part 1.
I was really looking forward to it after that and now its the last thing I read in the prog.
I would have prefered everyone commeting suicide.
Slaines kinda cool. Love that artwork.

Trout

Just while I'm briefly here:

I liked this prog!

Stront actually made me laugh out loud.

I've never been too much of a SB Davis fan, so I'm not thrilled by the cover, but I don't mind particularly.

- Trout the Gnob