Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 29 July, 2013, 10:12:54 PM
This is a very 'early' Carlos Ezquerra sketch....( about 15 - 20 years old I think ).......
It's an Apocalypse War Cover 'planning' sketch by Carlos......Unfortunately it didn't make the selection, but still a great piece of early Carlos.....
Enjoy....

Nice to see that Apoc War prelim, Bob. Good stuff! (not for sale, is it?  ;))

And i seems to recall somebody else on here saying they had one of these, but cant recall who it was.
Anyway, im lucky enough to own two Apoc War Titan book cover prelims by King Carlos. Roughly dating from '84ish, i think

Sideshow Bob

Thanks Judge Jack,
No, sorry it's DEFO Not for sale.......If it was mine,  it wouldn't be for sale either....I love it... :D..

That's a couple of brilliant prelim / planning sketches by Carlos you've got there as well....I like them a lot !!

It's actually quite strange,  that originally when I started collecting, ( my first two pieces were in full colour ), I didn't consider that I would even be 'interested' in Black and White pieces........
But........since seeing a lot of the Black and White stuff on here, I've changed my mind and will ( hopefully ) get a couple when I've enough cash.....
I love my Henry Flint Mongrol sketch in B/W, but especially after seeing SimeonB and Hippynumber1s' Leigh Gallagher Defoe pieces I'm really sorely tempted....
Unfortunately,  another different piece always comes up that catches your eye....and I've got my eye on two others at the moment.......More later if they come through...
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Skullmo

Quote from: Judge Jack on 30 July, 2013, 04:31:06 PM
Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 29 July, 2013, 10:12:54 PM
This is a very 'early' Carlos Ezquerra sketch....( about 15 - 20 years old I think ).......
It's an Apocalypse War Cover 'planning' sketch by Carlos......Unfortunately it didn't make the selection, but still a great piece of early Carlos.....
Enjoy....

Nice to see that Apoc War prelim, Bob. Good stuff! (not for sale, is it?  ;))

And i seems to recall somebody else on here saying they had one of these, but cant recall who it was.
Anyway, im lucky enough to own two Apoc War Titan book cover prelims by King Carlos. Roughly dating from '84ish, i think

His roughs have got even better!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Fatboydale

A couple of oddments ....

Colin MacNeil
Dean Ormston and Tony Luke Raptur 
Tony Luke Judge Anderson

J3D1

Remember picking up that Raptur special edition as a kid at the local newsagents.
Always loved that story.

Fatboydale

my only Cliff Robinson artwork .....

Colin YNWA

Well if you're only going to have one...

Skullmo

At first I thought that Dante was bursting through a giant pool table!

Wonderful page

dark-spartan

I have a few bits of art you guys might be interested see - can anyone let me know how to attach pictures to my replies.  I thought it would be more straight forward

Skullmo

Just send the original artwork to me, I will get it scanned for you and then send it back.

:-\ Promise

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: dark-spartan on 01 August, 2013, 01:57:42 PM
I have a few bits of art you guys might be interested see - can anyone let me know how to attach pictures to my replies.  I thought it would be more straight forward

Hi Dark-Spartan,
If you go to the Help Section in the Main page Menu at the bottom, You will find a thread called......How do you download Photos to a thread...Question asked by Sideshow Bob ( that's me ) ....  I struggled a bit to do this initially, but some great tips on how to do it there...Basically open a Photobucket account ( it's free ) and it's a 'doddle' from there....

Ps :  Skullmo is only joking........( I think !!).... :lol:
Cheers...
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 01 August, 2013, 03:43:45 PM
Quote from: dark-spartan on 01 August, 2013, 01:57:42 PM

Hi Dark-Spartan,
If you go to the Help Section in the Main page Menu at the bottom, You will find a thread called......How do you download Photos to a thread...Question asked by Sideshow Bob ( that's me )

Here's the link to Bob's question:
http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,38845.0.html

hippynumber1

I am open to cash offers for this page...  ;)

Spikes

Now, that's an incredible page Mark. Direct from the man himself?

hippynumber1

Direct from the man himself...but if you like this...