Main Menu

All violent video games to be banned in Germany ? :

Started by PeterWolf, 16 June, 2009, 03:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Satanist

As I understand it Germany has some pretty strict rules regarding video games as it is. No red blood, killing humans or Nazi symbols, so Doom was pretty much fucked on all counts.

Also in Mein Kampf Hitler states that it was his addiction to Mega-Lo-Mania on the Sega Megadrive that set him down the path that led to his eventual Downfall. I don't know if this is true as I gave up half way through as it was repetitive pish.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: "The Satanist"No red blood, killing humans or Nazi symbols, so Doom was pretty much fucked on all counts.

Or indeed, Castle Wolfenstein? :-)
@jamesfeistdraws

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "The Satanist"As I understand it Germany has some pretty strict rules regarding video games as it is. No red blood, killing humans or Nazi symbols, so Doom was pretty much fucked on all counts.

Also in Mein Kampf Hitler states that it was his addiction to Mega-Lo-Mania on the Sega Megadrive that set him down the path that led to his eventual Downfall. I don't know if this is true as I gave up half way through as it was repetitive pish.

We should go back to the good old days before video games were invented because no one ever hurt each other at all then ever.

Also banning video games really is going to be a solution to the individuals in society who are alienated and are laughed at by their peers at school and bullied and who may have one or more mental health issues and have irrational feelings of hate and rage for example and who may or may not be on prescribed anti-depressants and who more often than not have anger management issues.

Goaty

no Call of Duty?

was that start of Nazi that they burned lots of books???

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Keef Monkey

I remember they had to either completely overhaul The Darkness or ban it completely because all the scenes set in hell were in WW2 trenches. Always thought that sort of thing was a little twitchy really, and banning violent games outright is just mental. Australia seem to have really strict guidelines too, I was really surprised when I learned what needs changed for Oz.

Peter Wolf

Pssst....You vant to buy der Call Of Duty 3 unt Veturn To der Castle Volfenstein game ?

I vill not sell der games to kinder unt please do not mention der var but next veek i vill have der Manhunt 1 +2.

Be careful der video game Gestapos are everyvere......

Judge Man

That was sad.... No more action packed games to play...
But still anyone can still get it on the internet, right?

The Enigmatic Dr X

What are they bothered about? Call of Duty and Medal of Honour are remakes; they were responsible the bloodier original.
Lock up your spoons!

Mike Gloady

Quote from: "The Enigmatic Dr X"What are they bothered about? Call of Duty and Medal of Honour are remakes; they were responsible the bloodier original.
Bless you!   :lol:

I'm completely astonished by anyone who claims to be rational and thinks that blanket banning any particular form of entertainment is somehow going to SOLVE anything.  

I say LET Germany ban the easy targets (videogames, music, comics, tv, film etc) and see what they attempt to ban in the wake of the next attrocity to befall their perfectly ordered society.  You can somehow bet that novels, poetry, drama, newpapers, magazines and books in general will somehow be seen slightly differently by the Daily Mail constituency who tend to be the ones calling for games or records to be banned.  I always enjoy moral inconsistency in the moronic, the more public the better.  With no artists left to blame to defuse the moral panic, they MIGHT realise it's an idiotic and toatlly undefensible position.  They might even attempt to do something useful about these things...
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever