Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

BULLETSTORM!!!!!  got my own  shiny copy for £12!!! :D

Professor Bear

I am still playing the hell out of Fallout New Vegas to the point that I feel I should be ashamed of it.  It's one shoddy update to the far better-realised Fallout 3, but I can't help myself, it's just so damn huge and I have to play it as a goody two-shoes, then an evil bastard, and then as a chick so when I level up I can pick the option to make my character a lesbian so she can lez up with certain characters in the game.

Don't like the ammo switcheroo stuff, though, or the way you get overloaded with aid items so easily, or the quest items you pick up without knowing what they're for (weapons shipments, supply caches, character's heads, brains, or ears) and have to lug them about forever because there's no way to get rid of them.  Lots and lots of niggles and nitpicks, really, but it's still Fallout and I love it.

I, Cosh

Question for Keef.

I'm sure you posted something recently about a game you'd played from the folks who did Okami but I can't find any trace of it. Can you fill me in?
We never really die.

Keef Monkey

Might have been Shadows of The Damned, think that was the last game I was enthusing about on here! It's a Grasshopper/Suda 51 game, not sure if they had anything to do with Okami but they may well have. It's a really fun game, a lot of areas that could have done with more polish or a rethink but the crazed invention of the whole thing and the sheer amount of mental ideas keeps it rolling nicely. You've just reminded me Okami is another supposed classic that I've never played and should really get round to.

I, Cosh

Will have a look at that.

I think Okami was Clover. Not sure where I got the idea you were comparing the two. Anyway, I loved Okami but I've never actually finished it. I'd read somewhere that once you went into the final boss level you couldn't come back out to finish up anything that was left over so I spent ages running around trying to collect everything missing, managed to get about 99% of it then left it to long so when I went back I couldn't remember what I was still looking for. This is not the only game I've done this with.

It's worth playing just for the sections where you find and feed various animals and it cuts to a really soothing cutscene. And the fact that they managed to nail a really distinctive visual style for the game which is something I always appreciate.
We never really die.

judge cooper

last game i played was call of duty black ops ds
NAZI ZOMBIES!!!YYYEEEEEEEEEAAAARRRGH

Tiplodocus

OKAMI is pretty cheap on teh Wii these days - I'm thinking I might just accidenatlly pick it up next time I see it in tesco/Asda.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

judge cooper

has anyone played duke nukem forever

Richmond Clements

Quote from: judge cooper on 27 September, 2011, 01:27:46 PM
has anyone played duke nukem forever

No they usually stop after a couple of hours.

BAMMM!

judge cooper

Zarjazzer

Orcs must die! demo. Fabulous. Like a cross between looney tunes and warhammer.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

radiator

Currently playing:

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (Xbox 360) - I've gone on about this enough on the dedicated thread - in short, I love it!

Slam Dunk King (iPhone) - really fun, charming flick-basketball game - if you have an iOS device, get it - it's free!

Shadowgun  (iPhone) - Graphically impressive Gears of War clone - bit pricy at £5.49 - haven't played it much yet but seems pretty solid.

Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition (iPhone) - Never played this game when it first came out - still striking to look at and utterly unique, way ahead of it's time in many ways. Bit frustrating though!

Goaty

Quote from: radiator on 05 October, 2011, 12:19:31 PM
Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition (iPhone) - Never played this game when it first came out - still striking to look at and utterly unique, way ahead of it's time in many ways. Bit frustrating though!

Another World on iPhone?? Used to play it about 20 years ago! oooh must looks for it on Apps....

always love Another World poster, that why I remember the game...

Greg M.

Another World... wonderfully atmospheric, but agonisingly tricky. I remember repeatedly mistiming jumps and being scoffed by those bastard things in ground with the rings of teeth. I am probably just rubbish, but I only ever completed that by playing the SNES version on an emulator and saving it constantly. Great ambience though, felt like some spooky late night european cartoon of the sort once beloved of BBC2.

Keef Monkey

Aw man, Another World! Absolute classic, got a ton of nostalgic memories of turn-abouting that with my mate. So good. Can't remember if it was an official follow-up, but Flashback was pretty amazing too and was out around the same era I think.