Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Falcon

Sorry for the double post and necro, but that's the 15th of August now, and still no reply.  There was an acknowlesdgement of the original mail but there's been no response.  This isn't exactly good customer service.  I think I will get back in contact.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Dash Decent

Hatchette have advised they've lined up a new Aussie distributor (the last one having gone under down under).  Hopefully we'll get our missing vol 73 or 75 or whatever it was soon...!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Jade Falcon

And still no damned response, any advice anyone?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

moogie101

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 30 August, 2018, 09:31:33 PM
And still no damned response, any advice anyone?

I'm in a similar position, keep getting promised they'll send me out a copy of the reprinted 44 so the spines match up but still nothing.

Love the books but the customer service is terrible

Dash Decent

I wonder if they'll try and go on to offer the 2000AD collection in Australia or just drop it.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Max Headroom

Please can someone post the phone number for Hachette  so that I can order some back issues directly from them? Thank you.

Tomwe

Quote from: Max Headroom on 13 September, 2018, 11:43:20 AM
Please can someone post the phone number for Hachette  so that I can order some back issues directly from them? Thank you.
My original JDMC sub email says it's: 0333 300 1510 / ROI 0333 300 1511

Bolt-01

MaxHeadroom- why not order the volumes from the Hachette webshop?

Hachette shop

robert_ellis

dweezil2

Quote from: robert_ellis on 13 September, 2018, 03:51:35 PM
Never ring Hachette. Ever.

Just for balance, I must say that the person who dealt with my query, a duplicated book in an order, was very helpful and dealt with my issue successfully, with the correct volume being sent out very shortly.

Maybe I was one of the lucky ones?
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

robert_ellis

I've stuck to messenger after one terrible phone call. I've always had books & breakages replaced pretty simply. I can only imagine how many different series/books/figurines/build-your-own-R2D2 type questions these guys have to deal with.

Mattofthespurs

I've had several phones calls with them. The CS operator has always been excellent. The line and the accent...Not so much.

Eaglemoss have theirs based in the UK which helps. Their waiting times...Not so much.

DonJohnson

Does anyone have a recommended reading order for this collection? I have all 90 but dont know how to order my reading of them other than by volume or issue...

Eamonn Clarke

Somebody on the Facebook group is above to launch an iOS app that lists all the stories and the progs/megs they came from. That might help.

Tomwe

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 05 December, 2018, 07:42:51 PM
Somebody on the Facebook group is above to launch an iOS app that lists all the stories and the progs/megs they came from. That might help.
WHAT!?
I've not been back to that page in a while but wow!