Main Menu

No Bics 2011

Started by Dunk!, 28 February, 2011, 11:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HdE

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 February, 2011, 06:52:14 PM

I hear there's going to be a workshop about lettering at some point over the weekend...

Do I detect your own venerable involvement in said workshop? You coy tease, you!  ;)
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: HdE on 28 February, 2011, 07:18:52 PM
Do I detect your own venerable involvement in said workshop? You coy tease, you!  ;)

The lovely Nic Wilkinson will be doing some fascinating theory stuff about the interaction between the visual and cognitive elements of lettering and I'll be doing a bit about the practical stuff, including a bit of a Q&A if there's sufficient interest.

Or, at least, that's the plan as it currently stands.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Emperor

Thanks for posting this Dunk, I just ordered my tickets (despite major competency issues, so I'm not ruling out my having done something very silly - I doubt I am safe to let loose on the Internet).

If you find somewhere to stay do pass it on, I might as well let you do all the research ;)

No BICS though... looks like Leeds it is.

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 28 February, 2011, 12:14:45 PM
Question: can you still buy tickets? My wife and I were going to go without the kids, but my 8-year-old really wants to go, so we've decided to bring her with us.

I kept an eye out for this and on the main ticket ordering page it says:

Quote( Child rate for years 9 - 15 only )
under 9s FREE (with parent)

So looks like she shall go to the ball.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

HdE

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 February, 2011, 07:25:14 PM

The lovely Nic Wilkinson will be doing some fascinating theory stuff about the interaction between the visual and cognitive elements of lettering and I'll be doing a bit about the practical stuff, including a bit of a Q&A if there's sufficient interest.

Ah, cool man, cool... Nic's section seems like something that would be of particular interest to me.

Time and circumstance will dictate if I can make it. I guess I'm gonna have to wait and see how expensive my other convention proves to be. I'd surely love to get to Thought bubble and meet yeself in the flesh though, fella.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

COMMANDO FORCES

The story about this was floating around last Wednesday, as I mentioned it in the chatroom but no-one seemed to have heard anything about it.
At least now we know for sure  :'(

Emperor

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 28 February, 2011, 08:44:26 PM
The story about this was floating around last Wednesday, as I mentioned it in the chatroom but no-one seemed to have heard anything about it.
At least now we know for sure  :'(

I can't find much information on it other than:

http://smallpressbigmouth.blogspot.com/2011/02/bics-2011-cancelled-comics-launchpad.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

W. R. Logan

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 28 February, 2011, 12:04:18 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 28 February, 2011, 11:49:42 AM
Dunk- have you called the Mercure? That's where the cool people are staying...
Ha! We're in the Ramada- it was cheaper!

And me 8-)

W. R. Logan

Was starting to panic when people had said Bristol tickets had sold out, then remembered that I was so organised that I booked the hotel and tickets weeks ago 8-)

Dunk!

Have found a space at the Mercure.

Wasn't as cheap as I'd like, but I'm glad it's done and dusted.
"Trust we"

stacey

Thanks Dunk, I booked my Bristol ticket yesterday, think they may well be a run on them since the BICS thing.  Shane Chebsey confirmed the cancellation on Twitter and said it will be back next year, so that's good news!

MsMeanie

the special ticket rate for Brizzle is running until Sunday - not that they go up much afterwards, but still worth saving a bob or two :)

see you at the bar...or rather, Wetherspoons for the first few hours in the evening, followed by the hotel bar later on

Mike Carroll

It's looking like Leonia and I will be attending the Bristol Expo this year... Hope it's not too late to book decent accommodation!

-- Mike

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 09 March, 2011, 01:39:33 AM
It's looking like Leonia and I will be attending the Bristol Expo this year... Hope it's not too late to book decent accommodation!

-- Mike

Woooo!

MsMeanie

Just released:

2000AD panel at Bristol Expo - 1200 Saturday

"It's the Galaxy's Greatest Comic and 2000 AD returns to the Bristol Expo with a top-class cadre of comic gods for what promises to be an unmissable panel. As the Dredd movie starring Karl Urban edges ever closer to the silver screen, some of the industry's top talent - SEAN PHILLIPS (Devlin Waugh, Criminal), JOHN HIGGINS (Judge Dredd, Razorjack), PATRICK GODDARD (Savage), GORDON RENNIE (Judge Dredd, Caballistics) and ROB WILLIAMS (Cla$$war, Low Life) - will be talking about 2000 AD's past, present and future with GREAT GIVEAWAYS and news of FUTURE THRILLS! More top-name panel members to be announced!"