Main Menu

New Day of the Dead tv series

Started by rogue69, 02 March, 2020, 07:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Den of Geek have reported that Syfy are making a 10 part series of the George A Romero 1985 film "Day of the Dead"and is due for release in 2021.
They describe it as an "ode to Romero's famous flesh-eaters" and that it will focus on six strangers thrust together in an attempt to survive the first 24 hours of an undead invasion.

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/day-of-the-dead-tv-series-syfy/

Professor Bear

I was only just saying that we needed more zombie tv shows.

The Enigmatic Dr X

The remake of Dawn of the Dead gave me nightmares. I don't know why, but it literally haunted my dreams for a week or so. I loved it. From the Johnny Cash opening credits to the post-script scenes in the final credits. The original is just so staid in comparison.
Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

Weird that brief synopms reads like 'Night of the living dead' rather than 'Day of the dead' not to say it won't move in that direction of course, just seems a curious way to summarise a telly show based on that specific film.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 02 March, 2020, 07:58:16 PM
The remake of Dawn of the Dead gave me nightmares. I don't know why, but it literally haunted my dreams for a week or so. I loved it. From the Johnny Cash opening credits to the post-script scenes in the final credits. The original is just so staid in comparison.

They are two very different films though.

The first is a discourse on the meaningless and emptiness of a consumer society - when civilisation is gone, yet you find yourself surrounded by what seemed so important, and now realise is worthless. With some zombies in it.

The second is about fast zombies that want to eat your face off.