Main Menu

The Progmuda Triangle

Started by Tjm86, 21 September, 2019, 07:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 December, 2019, 07:04:23 PM
Mini-G currently in a strop and "sad" because her Phoenix didn't arrive today. I really hope this Royal Mail mess all goes away after the holidays.

The boy child has come to expect it. I used its absense as an opportunity to explain why privitisation is a bad thing. If we've learnt anything recently we must take ever chance to make the next generation not a bunch of fuckwits like the current voting population.

Leigh S

Tomwe

Christmas prog and Meg are here! Thank you Tharg!

IndigoPrime

No Prog here as yet – but then also no post at all. No Phoenix either, and no Beano this week in stores. Mini-G's going to be bouncing off the bloody walls.

Aha – Phoenix just landed, along with mini-G's OKIDO. No Prog/Meg. Ironically, this month's Hachette books arrived three days earlier than expected. I now look forward to getting no delivery at all in January, as is customary.

moly

Received the Meg on Saturday but still no 2000ad Christmas special :(

Leigh S

I'm the opposite - Prog but no Meg

Leigh S

This will teach me to rejoice too soon - no Meg - how long do you leave it before calling a sub officially AWOL?

Bolt-01

Leigh - I'd call today, once you get confirmation that it hasn't arrived today, that is.

ming

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 December, 2019, 12:29:07 PM
Aha – Phoenix just landed...

Was that the Christmas issue?  We're still waiting for ours (and the Christmas Prog) and I'm seriously hoping for some imminent postie action before we head off for a week of turkey-related shenanigans.

IndigoPrime

It was 415. Corpse Talk was Great Expectations.

ming

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 December, 2019, 10:32:58 AM
It was 415. Corpse Talk was Great Expectations.

Ah, we got that one earlier this week - probably won't get a second issue before we head off.  As long as the Chrimbo Prog arrives today or tomorrow I don't mind, though!

IndigoPrime

In theory, 416 is due tomorrow. I'll be amazed if it arrives then, but I'm hoping for Sat or Mon.

ming

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 December, 2019, 11:50:48 AM
In theory, 416 is due tomorrow. I'll be amazed if it arrives then, but I'm hoping for Sat or Mon.

Well I'd ordered a bunch of Bunny vs. Monkey and Corpse Talk books as Christmas presents so I guess we'll cope.  Also renewed the boys' annual subscription and also their Aquila sub while I was at it (nothing but lint in my pockets now).

IndigoPrime

I just went for a Beano sub, on the basis we were buying it every week anyway. Sterling service from DCT. They're currently running a gun as a gift, and we're not into that. One DM and one email later and I have a selection of alternatives. They dispatched a Gnasher backpack before I'd even subscribed. And I mentioned the gift thing on subscribing and they said "Oh, that's not good that you didn't like the gift" and added a small discount. I'm like: ... OK.

As for BvM, we ordered the entire set for Christmas. I suspect that will be greeted with joy, and then: "I really wanted the Looshkin books as well". (Mini-IP is a bit young for Corpse Talk, but has really been enjoying having me read them to her in recent issues.)

Leigh S

Meg turned up today, but by Grud how long is this postal nonsense going to continue?