Main Menu

The Zarjaz, Dogbreath & FQP comics thread

Started by Bolt-01, 25 June, 2016, 08:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

It was certainly readable enough, just some of the detail was lost
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Steven Denton

Next time I'll either use a thinner line at the same scale or the same line at a larger scale and see what the results are like. I need to tidy up my linking a bit as well.

The next strip I have out for FQP is in Dogbreath and was digitally inked, it has a smoother look but digital has always ended up as a bit of a rabbit hole for me. it starts fine but before long I end up working to a massively wasteful and over elaborate process.

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 11 July, 2018, 12:40:45 AM
what I assume is a Justice Department cartoon aimed at getting kids to grass people up to Judge Pal.

Judge Fudge and his Pals is indeed an in-universe cartoon show, as mentioned in one line in the middle of a text article in the 1989 Judge Dredd Annual.

I suspect that probably counts as the most obscure character from the canon to ever appear within the pages of Zarjaz.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Bolt-01

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 12 July, 2018, 09:50:58 AM
what I assume is a Justice Department cartoon aimed at getting kids to grass people up to Judge Pal.

Judge Fudge and his Pals is indeed an in-universe cartoon show, as mentioned in one line in the middle of a text article in the 1989 Judge Dredd Annual.

I suspect that probably counts as the most obscure character from the canon to ever appear within the pages of Zarjaz so far...

FTFY...

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 12 July, 2018, 09:50:58 AM

I suspect that probably counts as the most obscure character from the canon to ever appear within the pages of Zarjaz.

Challenge accepted!

Bolt-01

The ComicHaus Blog- Dave Evans interview... Ooh, look what I've found.

Does anyone else here use ComicHaus? I thought there would be a thread for it but I can't find one...

Bolt-01

David- great to hear. The Comichaus app is pretty good in my opinion- the display is clear and the support team have always responded to my wittering requests within minutes. They also pay every quarter regardless of the value of your shares. None of this '$100.00' target malarkey.

I'd be wary of hosting comics that are actually in print, though.

Ghastly McNasty

Pete who runs it seems like a dude and they're always very attentive when responding to questions.

I put all the Hallowscreams on Comichaus but they're no getting much love. I've 11 titles on there in total but not had more than 50 views for them all. Got a teeny-tiny payment last month but would love to know if anyone's actually made any 'serious' cash out of putting their products on.

Agree with your print comment Dave. I've seen some folk add their brand new comics straight to the app but that just seems like a sure-fire way to cannibalize print sales.

Bolt-01

Ghastly- Think it is a great resource for older works and I agree with you on the number of views.

I'm not going to give numbers away but I'd be a lot happier if they were higher.

I see this as a companion to Comicsy- whereas if a reader wants to take a punt and see if they like a book- use Comichaus as you can consume all you like there for a single price, but if you want a top quality pdf of the book that you can take with you and read in whatever way you like- the comicsy downloads are perfect for that.

I plan on keeping the Comichaus a couple of issues behind.

And yeah, loads of respect for Pete for listening and actually putting things into play that I've asked for.

Bolt-01

Cover by Matt Sandbrook.

Something Wicked, due to drop into the FQP shop on Saturday 1st September, and available soon after at Thought Bubble!

Bolt-01

Something Wicked 2018 is now available!

Art by Matt Sandbrook

Strips this issue:

A New Hobby by writer Sam Bayley and artist Simon Bennett Hayes.

A Terrible Thing by writer Billy Peery and artist Anthony Odonnell

Beneath the Ice by writer Karl Brandt and artist Aaron Miller

Best Mate Archie by writer Ian Sherred and artist Thodoris Laourdekis

Blessed Phantoms by writer Alec Robertson and artist Chris Geary

Chit Chat Chum by writer Nick Bryan and artist Mike Walters

Dog Fight by writer George White and artist Kristian Carstensen

Home Again by writer PL Woods and artist Jerome Canty

Hush A Bye, Baby by writer N Tomasiello and artist Richard Waugh

In the Basement by writer Jonathan Stevenson and artist Pete Woods

Jigsaw by writer Jonathan Stevenson and artist Danos Philopoulos

The Law of the tongue by writer Karl Brandt and artist Jerome Canty

Mommy's Little Angel by writer Tim West and artist Robomonkey147

Nevermore by writer Andrej Bunjac and artist Anthony O'Donnell

Possessed by writer Iten and artist Carlos Angeli

Rolling Dark by writer Micheal Norwitz and artist EdNorden

(Ed also does the letters for this strip, not Bolt-01 as it says on the introduction page.)

Tethered by writer Micheal J Lyle and artist Denis Vermesse

The Childermass Effect by writer David Conway and artist Lucas Peverill

The Dabbler by writer Chris Tresson and artist Matt Sandbrook (Coverstrip!)

The House by writer Daniel Bell and artist Ken Best

The Hyena by writer Karl Brandt and artist Brett Burbridge

The Most Beautiful Bird by writer Carlos Pozo and artist Martina Marzullo

The Perfect Man by writer Paul Goodenough and artist Denis Vermesse.

This issue will also be the centrepiece of the FQP table at this years Thought Bubble convention in Leeds over the weekend of 22-23 September.

Bolt-01

New Cover reveal!

Zarjaz 32 cover by Paul Williams.

Dogbreath 35 cover by Stewart Davies and Darren Stephens.

Both of these issues will be available tomorrow, so please head on over the the FQP webshop and get your copies. Each issue is jam-packed with top quality thrills alongside a special tribute to Senor Carlos Ezquerra.

Bad City Blue

Certainly the best issue of Zarjaz I have read so far.

Go get it, perps!