Main Menu

Morrowind

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 24 October, 2013, 05:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

Oh F**k! It has taken me bloody ages to find the bloody cave where the robbers of Atia Wave-Beakers jewellery are hiding out. I killed two reasonably easily... But still my level 15 mage gets splattered with only two hits from this guy with a f**king big hammer. Unlike the others he seems totally unaffected by my poisonblome spell ( kills 99% of all robbers dead in two blasts) not even a scroll of shock damage does anything. The entry about this quest made it seem like a push over... And I. Don't want to walk away from this again as it has taken me to bloody long to find the cave again ( poor bloody woman has been pacing outside Caldara for months now.

Theblazeuk

It's a hard life being a mage. Particularly when Morrowind doesn't have any meatshield companions.

Any summoning spells to hand?

The Doctor Alt 8

The only thing I have is a scroll of summon skeleton. I don't think that it will do any good. They are quite easy to defeat. Three good swipes of a charged blade & down they go.  Unfortunately I can't get near enough to him to do that.

Theblazeuk

It's more to get in between you and him whilst you zap him.

The Doctor Alt 8

Well I have succeeded in defeating all the opponents in that cave. ( Although the skeleton I summoned just bloody STOOD there....)

took the jewellery back & freed the slaves... Even got to level 17.. But I am being stalked by flame ant storm Antioch's... I can't survive more than one hit if caught ( thank goodness I bought an invisibility spell but they can fail even with 46 luck...) I need advice on what spell will serve to kill them... And then there is this bloody code book to get off Sottitude ... I am not a member of the thieves guild so I tried as the hits site suggested taunting her enough for her to attack me... And no... Nothing  she just bloody stands there calling me pathetic...

jackstarr

If you spoke with Percius back at the fighters guild, he told you to try and avoid killing her - if you're having difficulty with taunting, then she likes you too much (or doesn't see you as a threat!) - what is her current disposition towards you?

If you can get her disposition to 70, she'll just give you the book -

1) Sheathe any weapons (and if your "magic hands" are out, put them away) - NPCs see you in a combat stance as a threat and will like you less.
2) Bribe her (but make sure the bribe is substantial or she might be insulted that you're offering a low bribe)
3) Use a charm spell to increase her disposition
4) Use a potion of Telvanni Bug Musk (or other item with fortify personality) to increase your own personality score and then immediately speak with her to increase her disposition
5) Are you able to trade with Sottilde, or are her services restricted to thieves guild members (I can't remember).  If you can trade with her, sell an item or buy an item, and her disposition to you will slowly go up.  Trade low-value items one at a time in order to get her disposition up faster (ie. sell an item, exit dialogue, speak to her again, sell another item, etc.) - selling items individually like this is an exploit, but just roleplay it as you trading with her over a period of time in order to get her to know and trust you so she likes you more.

If you try pickpocketing her and the pickpocket fails, chances are she'll automatically start attacking you.  Just bear in mind that the fighters guild and thieves guild quests conflict (as do many guild quests in Morrowind)- if you kill her and then want to join the thieves guild later, you'll find it tricky (or expensive) to do so.

The Doctor Alt 8

I have the musk & a belt of Charisma but no charm spell.... Her last disposition score was 0 so she should have attacked me... Seems I have to do it slowly... Damn. 50 coins is not enough for this!

jackstarr

If her disposition is at 0, then that restricts pretty much all forms of conversation with her...

If this is the case, there's another trick you could try - get naked.

Yep, seriously, take off all your clothes (including jewellery and shoes, and make sure you put any weapons/shields away too), and hope she's either impressed or finds it amusing...

Then once you have the normal conversation and barter topics, slowly raise her disposition.  See this as a long-term endevour - in Morrowind you sometimes have to play the long game - trying to make her like you too quickly may end up in failure and frustration.  Get her disposition up by 10 or so a day, and go and find some other quests to do in the meantime.

Are there any misc fetch quests available from other townsfolk?

What other quests are listed in your journal at the moment?

The Doctor Alt 8

let me see now...

Divided by Nix Hounds (CANNOT find the guy.... Nor his wife!)

Alchemical Formulas: A rival alchemist is spoiling business for a loyal Hlaalu alchemist.

Mystery of the Dwarves: Discover what really happened to the Dwemer.

The Doctor Alt 8

And also I can't get hold of a copy of the progress of truth... I wanted to brake into the secret libarary at the ministry of justice... But I can't bloody find it and there are too many people around. Tried the rare book store but the bribes are not working and as he is thieves guild I couldn't steal even if I did find out where he kept his copy... Can't get the vampire book either.

The Doctor Alt 8

OK solved the Book quest with the help of LOTS of money....   :lol: :lol: :lol:

But two questions...

I have cleared out a thieves cave, In a couple of crates there are these ash statues... are they valuable or what?

Also I have managed to trap some souls...  Some are too expensive for enchanters to buy... so how can I use them myself? They don't appear in my spell item list... do I need to buy a spell to operate them? Cause where do I go? The only NPC who teaches enchanting claims I am not at a high enough level... (At the moment a level 20 mage...)

Theblazeuk

You can take them to an enchanter and pay for him to do the hard work for you, just provide him a soul gem (complete with appropriate soul. For which you'll need soul trap. I had a knife that had it enchanted so I finished people off with that)

The Doctor Alt 8

Yep that is what I am using too...

The Doctor Alt 8

I have entrapped souls to sell & a glass deardric sword from a Golden Saint I killed.. But no one seems to have the money to buy them. Who has pockets deep enough?

The Doctor Alt 8

I now have endurance of a big fat red 0

BUT I do not seem to have an illness...
Nothing is showing in the right hand bar

tried both blight cure potion, scroll of Daydans panacea... NOTHING

now when I "rest" although my Magicka is restored... my health stays at it's unrested state... I have to restore it with Hearth Heal

I am getting no hostile reaction... so I know I don't appear to be "sick"

So what has happened to me ?