Main Menu

Win tickets to the London screening of DREDD!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 13 July, 2012, 08:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

golledge100

In the terms and conditions they also mention providing airfare to and from the venue and claim the value of the prize in dollars. They also suggest that the ADVANCE SCREENING will be sometime in September so I'm guessing it probably is for US residnets only. If not, its not much of an advance!

blackmocco

A word of warning and this has, as far as I know, nothing to do with the good people working at 2000AD or Rebellion:

People had started lining up for Dredd at 4pm in San Diego. I got there at maybe 8pm. The line was easily 500 strong for a 250 seat theater at that point. A separate line was established for press/contest winners/VIPs.

By the time the second line had been admitted and seated, maybe thirty people out of that 500 (which was probably even longer by the time that was all done) made it in. Almost everyone in the longer line had retweeted the motion poster and had assumed they were in but it turns out that was not the case.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

COMMANDO FORCES

If you think this isn't open to the world then don't enter. It just means that my chances are much better at winning  :D

It costs nothing to enter and as previously said they probably just copied and pasted it from the American site.

What have you got to lose, seriously  ::)

blackmocco

CF, I hope you'll be the guest of honor!!!
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Steve Green

Quote from: golledge100 on 13 July, 2012, 03:01:57 PM
In the terms and conditions they also mention providing airfare to and from the venue and claim the value of the prize in dollars. They also suggest that the ADVANCE SCREENING will be sometime in September so I'm guessing it probably is for US residnets only. If not, its not much of an advance!

Ah. OK... it will be worth it just to see what Americans make of Judge Burdis...

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 July, 2012, 03:36:57 PM
If you think this isn't open to the world then don't enter. It just means that my chances are much better at winning  :D

It costs nothing to enter and as previously said they probably just copied and pasted it from the American site.

What have you got to lose, seriously  ::)

Yeah, but what if you won, only to find out you can't have the tickets cause your not in the right region? That being said I did enter as well.

COMMANDO FORCES

Who cares, they can still send the tickets and I'll just display them in the cellar  ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

If it is just for our American cousins then I have done my public service for our forum members over the pond. Enter and win  :thumbsup:

opaque

That is the American site isn't it? it has a release date of September 21, the US release date for one thing.

For me all this says is that when they start doing competitions for us the prizes will be even bigger as they won't need to fly us in ;)

Beeks

"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Buttonman

Entered - spare bed in the cellar CF?

I notice the website is http://judgmentiscoming.net/ but the banner has 'JUDGEMENT IS COMING' - prefer the extra 'E' myself but the site with the 21st release date looks like it is an American facing site.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Never rub another mans rhubarb