Main Menu

Ironclad - Trailer

Started by Goaty, 02 February, 2011, 10:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Starring James Purefoy of Solomon Kane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS43OEmPUB8

Radbacker

why have i not heard of this, looks arsom.  Loves me some good old swords and castle action.  Some decent names in it too I'm just real supprised I've never heard of this before now.

CU Radbacker

Beeks

I thought it was going to be a film about American Civil War battleships!  :'(
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Hoagy

Will everybody be talking like they've got plums in their mouths I wonder?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Colin YNWA

Looks like it could be fun. Only seem one film from the director before (Minotaur) and to be honest that was pretty dodge. Still James Purefoy seems to be the man to go to when a swords involved these days!

Tiplodocus

Purefoy is a good looking boy and I like him in what I've seen him in (was he up for V originally?)

But I would have preferred a proper battleship movie.

(Still waiting for a good tank movie. Surely CGI could do the battle of Kiev or the bulge in all kinds of awesome)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dandontdare

I was sure this had been mentioned recently, but the search only found this necrothread (Where is Goaty btw these days?)

Turns out this was a gloriously silly and bloody romp, jut watched it on Amazon - my favourite bit was when King John finally breaks the long siege against the medieval magnificent seven by blowing up Rochester Castle with a tunnel full of burning pigs. And that wasn't the silliest thing in it. A minimum of seven hands get graphically chopped off, it could be more, I wan't really counting. Derek Jacobi hangs himself after the heroic squire (who I was 95% sure was Elijah Wood as Frodo for most of the film), emasculates him at knife point in front of his daughter. Her dad dead, her home in flames, the look of grim horror on Kate Mara's face as she rides off into the mud and drizzle at the end with James Purefoy (on literally the only horse they didn't eat) is just fine, because Magna Carta survived.