Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by James Stacey, 29 May, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

£100 payable on order in July or on despatch in Dec?

The Nemesis Colour Collection was pay up front and then wait.
"Trust we"

Tjm86

Quote from: Dunk! on 29 May, 2013, 05:50:01 PM

They normally do pay up front and wait. 

On subject of price £100 is not far off the DC absolute editions, the Martha Washington hardback was about this price as well and the same is true of the Walking Dead slipcase GN's.  That said they do tend to have a range of extras to justify the extra price.  Somehow though I doubt an intro by the writer / artist or a signed and numbered edition is going to be forthcoming.  Shame really.

hippynumber1

Quote from: Tjm86 on 29 May, 2013, 06:01:07 PM

On subject of price £100 is not far off the DC absolute editions.

Where are buying those from!?  :o I've never paid more than £60...

sheldipez

On subject of price £100 is not far off the DC absolute editions, the Martha Washington hardback was about this price as well and the same is true of the Walking Dead slipcase GN's.  That said they do tend to have a range of extras to justify the extra price.  Somehow though I doubt an intro by the writer / artist or a signed and numbered edition is going to be forthcoming.  Shame really.

I'd love to see what he'd inscribe on these. Leave Morrison alone with1000 books. ;D

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Spikes

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sheldipez on 29 May, 2013, 06:17:29 PM
I'd love to see what he'd inscribe on these. Leave Morrison alone with1000 books. ;D

"Why are these pages stuck together, Grant?"

"Fuck off, it's magic."

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I am going to go for this. It's a lot of money, but a great comic.

Tjm86

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 29 May, 2013, 06:15:13 PM

arguably £60 is not far off £100 but if you look at some of the hard to find ones such as Planetary or LOEG then well over £100 is not outside the realms of possibility.  Granted it is not that common for initial listings to be that high but some folks have tried.  Personally never paid more than £60 but there is the advantage of them being listed on multiple sites to bring down the price.

TordelBack

Quote from: Judge Jack on 29 May, 2013, 06:27:14 PM
Meanwhile over on FB.

Excellent points, well made. However, The Great Lost Work of Grant Morrison is the USP of this project, so you can hardly blame Rebellion for leading with that, even allowing for the great artists whose brilliance made it work.

Re: £100.  When I say it's more than twice what I'd be prepared to pay, that doesn't mean I think it's overpriced.  If I actually had £100 to spend on comics I'd be on this like a Thrillsucker on Burt.  Suck-heil!

hippynumber1

Quote from: Tjm86 on 29 May, 2013, 07:31:04 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 29 May, 2013, 06:15:13 PM

arguably £60 is not far off £100 but if you look at some of the hard to find ones such as Planetary or LOEG then well over £100 is not outside the realms of possibility.  Granted it is not that common for initial listings to be that high but some folks have tried.  Personally never paid more than £60 but there is the advantage of them being listed on multiple sites to bring down the price.

Fair points but I'd argue that £60 is quite a long way off £100 for some folk! You're right about multiple sites listing driving the price down though... I'm still having one mind!

Taryn Tailz

I'm hoping to start studying towards a degree in Astronomy later this year, and the coure textbook for that is going to be over £100. It's double the length of Zenith but probably a bit more of a heavy read.  :lol:

dweezil2

What if Grant Morrison buys all 1,000?   :o
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Tombo

Two days ago I ordered the last five progs I need to complete my Zenith collection, and now I find out about this.  I am torn  :-\  £100 is a lot of money.