Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by James Stacey, 29 May, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Tombo on 29 May, 2013, 09:04:02 PM
Two days ago I ordered the last five progs I need to complete my Zenith collection, and now I find out about this.  I am torn  :-\  £100 is a lot of money.

It is, but........ :D Why, dear grud, does my girlfriends 40th have to fall so close to this coming out? She wants a tablet PC......wonder if she'd like this instead? :lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Goaty

Hawkmumbler

At least it's a round number. :-\

Frank

Quote from: Goaty on 29 May, 2013, 10:19:36 PM

£100

It comes packaged with a £90 note stuck to the cover.

JOE SOAP

Buttonman

No worries about the moral side of things - I'm pretty sure all concerned knew what the deal was at the time; the lack of a signed contract doesn't make it right to claim stuff years later.

The £100 on the other hand is a bit more of a consideration - will this be an heirloom of the future or will it be usurped 6 months later with a fresh edition with a new hat?

I read the whole thing in 4 sittings recently and it certainly stands up, but will it generate £100 worth of re-reads over the remaing 40 or so years of my life?

All things considered I'll probably grab one and then feel obliged to read it every six month to get my money's worth.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Buttonman on 29 May, 2013, 11:16:16 PM
All things considered I'll probably grab one and then feel obliged to read it every six month to get my money's worth.

Or flog it on ebay.

JOE SOAP

All that money you drokkers saved by getting Marshall Law on the cheap at amazon can now be put towards the Zenith shelf-breaker.

Dash Decent

I can understand why Rebellion might not say, but it would be good to know if a TPB is a possibility.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

TordelBack

mogzilla

i'm probably in the minority about not being excited about this as zenith was one of the reasons in the day I lost interest in the prog but if its going to be so popular will tharg consider a softback version for the slavering masses?

While he's at it he could sort that return to Armageddon collection we'd like please?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: dweezil2 on 29 May, 2013, 08:46:23 PM
What if Grant Morrison buys all 1,000?   :o

Surely the perfect solution (well except for people who want to own it and all, but as I've always said the Progs aren't hard to get hold of AND you get more besides). Rebellion get a sell out and all the encouragement they need to carry on with this type of thing. Grant gets 100% ownership as he believes he deserves (well of course he'd need to give half to Steve Yeowell) and he can use the books to make a portal to the 5th dimension, as I'm sure that much concentrated Zenith in one place would wrap space time* and I imagine buying in a 5th dimensional portal would cost more than £100,000 normally anyway.

See perfect solution.

*I don't think the original trade print run was pulped as has been speculated, I image it was sitting in the printing house and still is in fact, its just its transcended to a higher plain that we mere 3 dimensional being can't see. Superman is reading it now and always has been.

Mattofthespurs

Sadly too rich for me.
I do have all the progs and specials so it's difficult to justify purchasing a book with stuff I already own.

And, from my point of view, £100 is quite a bit different than £60. Nearly double in fact.

Colin Zeal

A fair whack to shell out in one hit but as others have pointed out the cost when compared to individual trades is pretty good. I'll be ordering a copy, but it will mean that spending on other trades and comics around then will be basically sod all.

radiator

So do we think it'll be a 'one purchase per customer' kind of deal?