Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by James Stacey, 29 May, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: TordelBack on 31 May, 2013, 08:02:41 AM
We are a perfect example of the fanboy mentality, aren't we?

1.  DO IT DO IT DO IT, OH WHY WON'T YOU DO IT, IF YOU DID IT IT'D BE LIKE PRINTING MONEY!
2.  YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!
Post of the day.

Steve Green

Not enough exclamation marks.

LARF

Quote from: TordelBack on 31 May, 2013, 08:02:41 AM
We are a perfect example of the fanboy mentality, aren't we?

1.  DO IT DO IT DO IT, OH WHY WON'T YOU DO IT, IF YOU DID IT IT'D BE LIKE PRINTING MONEY!
2.  YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

Brilliant.

opaque

£100? Eeek. Now I'm not sure if I will get a copy either.
Or maybe I will. This is sounding more like Kickstarter where you pay your money and x months later you get your stuff.

Now I don't buy big collections from DC (don't read anything bar 2000ad really) but if you look at other things I have bought complete Far Side or Calvin and Hobbes, those retail for £100 (although I paid less).

JOE SOAP

Quote from: opaque on 01 June, 2013, 12:13:04 AMThis is sounding more like Kickstarter where you pay your money and x months later you get your stuff.

I think there's a fairly good indication of what we're getting, unlike Kickstarter. Consider it a print on demand.

The Adventurer

Except clearly the print quality will be far superior to 'print on demand'.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Monarch

I...cannot afford this :(

why cannot I afford this

(well okay I know why...but still)

The Adventurer

For you Brits, remember us Yanks will be paying over $150 for this. And that doesn't include overseas shipping.

So quit your bitch'n

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Trout

Quote from: The Adventurer on 01 June, 2013, 12:27:08 AM
For you Brits, remember us Yanks will be paying over $150 for this. And that doesn't include overseas shipping.

So quit your bitch'n

See also we residents of Canada. Well said, sir.

Dash Decent

Quote from: The Adventurer on 01 June, 2013, 12:20:37 AM
Except clearly the print quality will be far superior to 'print on demand'.

Given the page count and the price, this has got to bound with sewn sections, hasn't it?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

opaque

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 01 June, 2013, 12:17:27 AM
I think there's a fairly good indication of what we're getting, unlike Kickstarter. Consider it a print on demand.

I know exactly what I'm getting with Kickstarter, just as I would with Rebellion.
It's print on demand as long as you demand it in several months time. That's the relation to Kickstarter I meant.

I'm sure it'll be a lovely tome.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: opaque on 01 June, 2013, 12:47:17 AM
I know exactly what I'm getting with Kickstarter, just as I would with Rebellion.

Zenith all ready exists (it's new packaging you're paying for) and most Kickstarter projects are a promise of created content yet to be. The Veronica Mars film may still end up being shite- disappointing the fans.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Heh, maybe this is like kickstarter, but instead of paying for potential content, you're paying for potential legal fees.
You may quote me on that.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Damn, Sauchie beat me to that one a few pages back.

Nevermind, as you were.
You may quote me on that.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Trout on 30 May, 2013, 09:42:56 PM
Quote from: The Adventurer on Today at 12:27:08 AM

So quit your bitch'n

See also we residents of Canada. Well said, sir.

Ditto for Auxtralia.

To put that into perspective, that's about the same as Diamond slugged us for Thrill Power Overload when it came out.

But still cheaper than The Invisibles Omnibus or an Absolute edition.

Or a ticket to a music festival where you're only interested in three bands on the bill like the Big Day Out.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"