Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by James Stacey, 29 May, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Dunk! on 21 October, 2013, 08:28:44 AM
Taking the day off work today to read my Complete Zenith with phase 4 for the 1st time.

So, some people have theirs already.

Perhaps because they are local.

Quote from: Dash Decent
I'm in Sydney

Another fellow Aussie...........G'day from Queensland.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 23 October, 2013, 06:38:07 AM
Quote from: Dash Decent
I'm in Sydney

Another fellow Aussie...........G'day from Queensland.

Forgot to mention I was living in Sydney back in the early naughties, from the January-February of 2002 to the April 2005.

I spent months living out of my Ford Utility, in a Caravan Park near Cronulla and on the streets, beaches and Computer Cafes. I worked unofficially as car-window-washer from late 2003 to April 2005 at Beverly Hills near Penshurst where I made a small fortune and kept all my gear in storage.

I am also responsible for cleaning most of the second hand books shops and old comic book stores out of any thing related to 2000AD and in particular Slaine. Yes, this was when the Lanely Droid had just started doing his Photo-Shop Wizardry on the our beloved Celtic-Berserker and this was what got me back into Slaine.

I was madly visiting every comic book store I could to get any of the Slaine that was currently running and all those Slaine progs that I missed out on since the early 90's. I even asked if they were still selling the Slaine Quality Editions at Comic Book Convention held in some huge building on Darling Harbour.

My favourite comic book store were and still are Comic-Kingdom on Liverpool Street after walking down George Street from The Event Cinemas until you get to The Three Wise Monkeys on the corner. Stepping into that place was like stepping into another world and this was where I first discovered the second Slaine Prog Moloch and I also brought a few more of the following Slaine progs there and what I couldn't get there. I found in various other newsagencies in the city. There was another Newsagency on the way to Kings-Cross (Of course, I did mostly otherwise avoid that place.) from Hyde Park.

Though it was in Comic-Kingdom I also got the recently new (Recently new back in 2002-2003) Slaine : The Horned two volume edition. (One of which got badly water damaged, so I replaced it. Very strangely the damaged one got stolen from me while I was napping during transit on a train. I only had it just sitting on my lap.) and two early editions of Slaine the King. I think one of them was from Titan. I also brought a few of the Slaine Quality Editions here. Though there weren't many. The people that worked there very ornery and a little odd as well, but likeable. A lot of the stuff in there is mostly new and antique comics, action figures and other rare things as well.

Another favourite comic book store in Sydney was Kings-Comics on Pitt Street in the main CBD as well. I use to always walk from Town-Hall station to The Event Cinemas again on George Street, cross the road and walk through alley-way between MacDonalds and The Metro Cinema and cross the road gain to get there. I think it was there that I put in a order over the counter for both the black and white, souvenir, hardback editions of Slaine : Time-Killer and Slaine : The King. I also brought two of the progs that covered Slaine : The Secret CommonWealth here as well Kings-Comics also had a store in Fox-Studios near Centennial and Moore parks. This was where I picked up Simon Bisley's Slaine Portfolio Kings-Comics had since vacated from Fox-Studios. All their stuff is new and they hardly ever got the Slaine progs I was after.

There is also Games-Paradise which is across the road (Pitt Street) from Kings-Comics and this was just a gaming shop. Various board games, puzzle games on the ground level and role playing books and boxed sets upstairs. No comics, but It was here I had purchased most of Mongoose Publishing's Slaine RPG. I was most excited about this one at the time and still am. Most regrettably, I've never played this one and may never will.

TO BE CONTINUED......

13school

My copy just arrived today in far-flung Geelong. Unless there's copies heading to Tasmania - or more likely, New Zealand - it's probably as far from Thrill-Power Central as you can get (and still be on Earth).

Dash Decent

It's disgusting, that's what it is!

My copy of Zenith arrived today too, but what should I find when I open it up?  The book, nestled snugly in protective bubble wrap, is also covered in thick spongy white pellets.

That's right - that sneery supercilious Betelguesian, the one whose diet consists soley of polystyrene cups, has covered it in Tharg poo.

Talk about disdain for your customers!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dash Decent on 24 October, 2013, 01:40:03 PM

Big green bastard!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ThryllSeekyr

So, your both Australian and have yours both........

Hmmmm...mine hasn't.

Skullmo

Quote from: Dash Decent on 24 October, 2013, 01:40:03 PM
It's disgusting, that's what it is!

My copy of Zenith arrived today too, but what should I find when I open it up?  The book, nestled snugly in protective bubble wrap, is also covered in thick spongy white pellets.

That's right - that sneery supercilious Betelguesian, the one whose diet consists soley of polystyrene cups, has covered it in Tharg poo.

A sprayed them orange and gave them to people as Wotsits
It's a joke. I was joking.

ThryllSeekyr

Come on 2000AD.....Come on.....

ThryllSeekyr

Yay, I got my Complete Zenith.

It looks good, it has what appears to be pin-ups section at the back, and page or double page of all the covers.

It has a dustcover that is black with a yellow Z on the front and Zenith in full frontal sillohette of Zenith on the front with a big yellow Z on his back and close up of Zenith's face on the back. Yellow on black. Zenith is written on both the front and back flaps, downwards. So you have to turn the book on it's side to read it.

When you take off the dustcover, there is a wraparound picture of Zenith, a close up view of his picture on the front dustcover. Black on yellow. With Zenith written in black on the front.

There is also the same picture of Zenith on the inside cover. Which is identical to his picture under th dustcover. His picture on the back inside cover is upside down.

At the bottom of the very first page of the inside cover is a small white rectangle which has a Z in black on the left with the words....

Limited Edition
of 1000 Copies

I may do a video of this later.

ThryllSeekyr

I almost forgot, there is a yellow cloth book mark attached to the inner spine marking the Third Interlude.

Dash Decent

Glad to hear it arrived safely, ThryllSeekyr!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Link Prime

Mine arrived from its perilous crossing of the Irish Sea.

Lovely looking book, although my Adams apple did stick in my neck when I admitted to the missus show much it cost (she'll never accept a slagging over a 75 Euro tube of face cream again!)

sheldipez

Quote from: Link Prime on 28 October, 2013, 04:05:16 PM
Mine arrived from its perilous crossing of the Irish Sea.

Lovely looking book, although my Adams apple did stick in my neck when I admitted to the missus show much it cost (she'll never accept a slagging over a 75 Euro tube of face cream again!)

Whats the resale value of a 75 euro tub of face cream though.

IndigoPrime

You probably don't want to look on eBay at all the second-hand part-used cosmetics for sale. It's a bit grim.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 28 October, 2013, 06:54:00 AM
Limited Edition
of 1000 Copies

I'm very interested to hear what numbered book out of 1000 other people have got?