Main Menu

The 2000 AD Messageboard Advent Calendar 2018 COMMENTS Thread.

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2018, 10:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Colin, if you are going to swipe- swipe from the best! Cracking work and loving PJ's works as well. The Mean machine is my fave so far.

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 05 December, 2018, 02:48:12 PM
Conrad - awesome poem! Lots of great references, and very long too - we appreciate the effort! There is no way Fox reads the whole thing, this is the text story of poems  :D

Oh no! Conrad did the text piece in this year's Christmas annual?

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 05 December, 2018, 04:10:18 PM
Conrad - awesome poem! Lots of great references, and very long too - we appreciate the effort! There is no way Fox reads the whole thing, this is the text story of poems  :D

Haha yes! *bam bam bam*  (air horn)

Andy Lambert

Wonderful start to the calendar with fantastic gifts so far, not least the generous prizes offered by Eamonn for cancer research - hope that does well.
Cracking little festive story from abelardsnazz, and I loved SpaceSpinner2000's poem - Dredd shouting out the various modes on his Lawgiver like Santa calls out to his reindeer is inspired!
A wonderfully bonkers dash of humour from shaolin_monkey and Steve Green do indeed help to make the season bright, as does Colin YNWA's adorable Carver & Reagen tale!
And of course, we're being truly spoiled by pauljholden's Dreddcember head portraits - fantastic skills, that man! Looking forward to seeing more...!

As a warmer for my submission on the 6th, here's something I did for the calendar but didn't think it was good enough in the end, so I'll share it here. See you in the morning...,! ;)

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 05 December, 2018, 08:45:12 PM
Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 05 December, 2018, 04:10:18 PM

Haha yes! *bam bam bam*  (air horn)

Oh no! I've become everything I hate! 😁😁
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

TordelBack

Round of applause for Andy Lambert, that's fantastic. Love Archangel Carlos,
and wondering how Mills would react to being cast as the Blessed Virgin! Great to see new characters like Kurtis and Ritterstahl in the lineup too.

Bad City Blue

Just caught up with this - what an amazing lot of submissions we have! Love the Calvin and Hobbes take off but Andy's nativity really came out amazingly well.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

broodblik

I must complement everyone for all the great contributions.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bad City Blue

One thing, I thought each day was for the named contributor only. PJ's art is brilliant but could he hold back until the free for all day rather than going on top of other people's days.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 06 December, 2018, 01:52:04 PM
One thing, I thought each day was for the named contributor only. PJ's art is brilliant but could he hold back until the free for all day rather than going on top of other people's days.

Pete might correct me, but I don't recall there ever being a stipulation that only the named contributor can post — people's plans change and there's always been a certain amount of people posting when they get the time. I'm hoping to get something in this year, but my schedule is so chaotic just now I can't commit to a day.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Rogue Judge

I've been enjoying everyone's contributions this year, and props should be given to PJ for his fantastic daily efforts. The more the merrier I day!

Andy,  I enjoyed the one you posted in this thread too! Imagine waking up Christmas morning to that..

von Boom

The calendar continues to be a treat. I'm going to print Colin's offering and put it on the fridge. A*.

pauljholden

My bad. Happy to back off and move it somewhere else. (bah humbug, etc)

-PJ

Bad City Blue

Quote from: pauljholden on 06 December, 2018, 03:14:43 PM

Nothing against you personally and I love the pics, just that otherwise why bother putting yourself down for a day!

-PJ

pauljholden

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 06 December, 2018, 03:17:01 PM
Quote from: pauljholden on 06 December, 2018, 03:14:43 PM

-PJ
Nothing against you personally and I love the pics, just that otherwise why bother putting yourself down for a day!

Well, I understood the day thing to be a commitment to ensure there's something fun per day- then people tend to pile in with whatever fun thing they've done - but that might have been me conflating previous advent calendars.

If some admin wants to go in a delete my pics from the thread (please!), I'll create a Dreddcember thread and just post them all in there. Can't guarantee I'll get through the whole month (it's one of the reasons I don't do something in the advent) but I'll do it for as long as I can find the time.

-pj