Main Menu

The New Does anybody want to look at womens underware? Thread

Started by Frank, 18 May, 2013, 04:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

I only ask because well I'm female & I wasn't ... "offended" I realise that some... May just jump to the wrong conclusion but I'm sure that it was less offensive than some topics printed in certain magazines..

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 19 May, 2013, 05:45:26 PM
Post removed. Don't know if you're trying to be funny or simply a complete idiot. But don't do that again.

Who was it and/or what happened please?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Noisybast

At a guess, someone posted a picture of a lady in her, er, "underware".
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Richmond Clements

Amazed that some people seem to be puzzled as to why that thread was closed, or worse, seem to think that it represented comic fans in some way...

Total Film have a list of political comic book movies on theri website at the moment. Dredd is in there. The blurb says:
QuoteHow It's Political: In this day and age, that there's equality in the portrayal of male and female characters in this film shouldn't be exceptional. But it is.

Neither heroine Judge Anderson and villainess Ma-Ma are sexualised, weak, or over-emotional. They share equal screen time with the titular hero Judge Dredd, their wardrobes are genderless, and they actually have personalities. They are simply excellent characters who happen to be women.
http://www.totalfilm.com/features/30-superhero-movies-you-didn-t-realise-were-political

If you think that fits in with the sentiments of that thread then fine. I do not.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 19 May, 2013, 01:33:59 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 19 May, 2013, 08:49:23 AM
-sigh- It's back to the Primark catalogue for me, so...    :-\

(Mmmm, thermal leggings).

I've just been arrested while shunning in front of the Ann Summers store.

I forgot it was called shunning.  I'd just like to point out at this stage that I made that up.  Thank you, thank you
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 20 May, 2013, 12:43:50 PM
Amazed that some people seem to be puzzled as to why that thread was closed, or worse, seem to think that it represented comic fans in some way...

Total Film have a list of political comic book movies on theri website at the moment. Dredd is in there. The blurb says:
QuoteHow It's Political: In this day and age, that there's equality in the portrayal of male and female characters in this film shouldn't be exceptional. But it is.

Neither heroine Judge Anderson and villainess Ma-Ma are sexualised, weak, or over-emotional. They share equal screen time with the titular hero Judge Dredd, their wardrobes are genderless, and they actually have personalities. They are simply excellent characters who happen to be women.
http://www.totalfilm.com/features/30-superhero-movies-you-didn-t-realise-were-political

If you think that fits in with the sentiments of that thread then fine. I do not.

grumpy killjoy Mr Negative

;)

DDT did a job on me

Richmond Clements

TordelBack

ZAP!  POW!  BIFF!  THE COMICS FORUM GROWS UP!

I think it's only fair that after all this time any person should be allowed forget what was after all a simple drunken mistake. Underware indeed!   ::)

Professor Bear

What if we filled it with men in their smalls instead?  Technically a double standard to allow it, but the interests of balance may demand it.

zombemybabynow

It was me

and it was kelly brook in lingerie - many appy logies
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Richmond Clements

darnmarr

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 20 May, 2013, 12:43:50 PM

All due respect Mr Clements,-I don't understand the point being made in this post.

Are you saying that all posts and threads should reflect Total Film's commendation of Alex Garland's screenplay?

If so, why?

Your rules is your rules, and so by all means ban/lock/delete by whomever for whatever but, if I understand you correctly*, then not falling in line with a comment on another site about a completely different thing, in a completely different medium, seems a bizarre criterion for censorship to me.

*and I probably dont.

Molch-R

If you wish to ask Richmond such things off the board, feel free to do so. The issue on here, however, is now closed. Thank you.