Main Menu

FFT - What if? Tie 18 - Shako vs Hookjaw (Action)

Started by Colin YNWA, 03 October, 2022, 05:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sponsored by 2000ad in Stages - see links below.
Created by AlexF

Hookjaw (Action) - more info

VS

Shako - more info

What if we'd bent the rules? Hey we could have included Action stories into the tourney. If we had we'd have all wanted to see his battle of the great beasts surely. What if Shako and Hookjaw (the original not it magnificent mystical 'sequel') had clashed. Which was the best animal?

b]To Vote[/b] Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 6th October and the winner gets a place ... well nowt this is just for fun.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Hold on I thought all this nonsense was over? Well yeah but... see well I've explained that

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

rogue69

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Well, aren't you a bastard? Hmm. Hookjaw is great, and killer sharks are always tops. However, Shako is a bloody polar bear- which hadn't been seen, to my knowledge, in other media and so wins for originality alone. Plus, it's a better story and those early episodes are still shockingly gory. And, besides, I love Shako more than 99% of everything else printed in the prog. So... Shako.

SBT

Magnetica

:-\I've not read Hookjaw, apart from the odd reprinted episode, so don't feel qualified to vote.

AlexF

If there's one thing holding Shako back, it's that Ramón Solá only provides art for a handful of episodes. LOVE his work, especially when it requires him to show carnage! And he does quite a bit on Hookjaw.
The actual story of Hookjaw is a touch more repetitive, and Red McNally isn't quite as fun as the super noble Buck Dollar or the insanely evil Falmouth. I don't know!

Today, I think, for the more delightful carnage, it's Hookjaw.

paddykafka

Colin YNWA

Quite close here with a day to go last day votes could still swing this.

Sean SD

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Have to say Hookjaw is fun but doesn't really live up to it thrilling concept and as said doesn't have Ramon Sola enough. Shako is tighter, sharper and simply packs more punch and as such

Shako

Rips into the shark and chows down.