Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Shark - you have one of those waiting for you. You 'will' have a copy.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

Sorry to hear about the progs Shark, have popped the latest thrillpack in the post, hope that helps!
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

You're a star, Mate, thank you :)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rogue Judge

One of my closest friends died of a ruptured aorta last night. We go for coffee every morning and travel together frequently for work business trips. He was only 55, leaves behind a wife and two pre-teen kids. I've been blessed that I haven't had to deal with death much at all (only elderly family at this point). Coping is a strange thing....

I introduced him to 2000ad, he was working his way through Bishop's Fiends novels and we enjoyed talking about them. He paints miniatures and was excited for the Strontium Dog set I picked up and the upcoming Dredd miniatures. He's one of the only people I can nerd out with. It's going to be a tough one...

JayzusB.Christ

Aww man, I'm so sorry.  That's awful. Can't even imagine what it must be like for his family, losing a dad and a husband at that stage of life. 

My best mate died two years ago - it's very hard and you never really get over it, but you get used to the new reality and you cope.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

That's a tough place to be, Rogue, my sympathies. It gets better, though - every time I think of my mate Bill some lunatic adventure or witty exchange springs to mind and I remember him with a smile just about every time. Just about.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Ah Rogue, that's so sad. Really sorry for your loss.

paddykafka

Sincere condolences, Rogue Judge, to you and your friend's family.

Mardroid

Sad to read that Rogue Judge. That's harsh and way too young. All the best to you and his family.

Rogue Judge

Thank you for the encouraging words. Yesterday was a day of disbelief and today reality started to set in. I find myself more upset about the times we wont have vs. the missing the times we had...strange. We had another business trip booked on the 26th that I will be going on alone, and we won't be getting coffee tomorrow morning etc. 

Again, thanks for the kind words and shared experiences. Cheers.

Cyberleader2000

long time no see guys.
so let's give a rundown of my super shit year / I need a rant. as I said before my dad died the will was made void then came the last 9 months of fun of trying to save my brother's home so he would not get taken back into the care system that has failed him his whole life. I put so much of my time and money into it I'm broke then the dam lawyers that are sorting out the estate have just found 2 investment acounts that will easily cover the short fall on the morgage of the house that my brother is living in.
so now I'm putting a much better fockous on trying to fix my own life. so I find out that my switch over for my energy provider was bungled and I am somehow paying 2 providerds at once of corses there blameing each other and not paying me back theres like £300 they owe now.
if that not bad enough I have a friend who has taken over 2 years to pay me back the money I lent him hes down to £89 and I could really uses it but the ass says he will payme after X-mas because he needs to buy X-mas presents.
then I spent the last 3 days in talks with a guy interested in the Blu-rays I'm trying to sell I slash the price by well over half and he still wanted more off the price I was selling them at less than what I paid for them but I was willing to go that low so I would have the money to meet a bill I have to pay tomorow and the ass just drops the deal.
then theres the job interviews Ive been nailing but of corses they not going to hire the guy who hasent had a job and with disablitys.
sorry I just need to rant.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Bolt-01

CB - glad to hear you are still about and dealing with stuff.

I've really not got anything to add apart from keep going and very glad to read that you have the house sorted.

Keep going!

Mardroid

Concerning the energy provider thing have you considered advice like maybe Citizens Advice Bureau. Pretty sure they can't BOTH keep payment. And also glad things worked out with your brother's place.

All the best, and try to stay positive. I appreciate that's easy for others to say.

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: Mardroid on 28 November, 2019, 07:03:13 PM
Concerning the energy provider thing have you considered advice like maybe Citizens Advice Bureau. Pretty sure they can't BOTH keep payment. And also glad things worked out with your brother's place.

All the best, and try to stay positive. I appreciate that's easy for others to say.

part of the problom is I switched to co-op and they have been bought up by octipus and now I have to wait for my acount to migreat to octipus befor anything can be done so there £300 I'm owed but not going to see it for weeks where I need £100 tomorow this anoys me intencley.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime