Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Seems to me like they want a violent reaction so it can be cancelled for good.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Dandontdare

They'd never get one from this bunch! They might get chanted at in an aggressive manner, or their chakras maligned, but that's about all.

I've been trolling the messageboards (who knew their was such animosity between UKhippy and the tribal people!) and it seems that the council and police had it in for them for ages, but incompetent management and these draconian (and expensive) new licensing laws handed them every excuse they needed.

Basically the police dictated which expensive security company (stuarts or stewarts) they could use - these ex-job bouncers then demanded 60% of the fee up front at the eleventh hour and then pulled out even as the organisers were on the way with a cheque. They then inform the cops that all these dangerous radicals will have no security and....

Roger Godpleton

Drank a lot of energy drinks in one go. Not a good idea.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Peter Wolf

Bloody Hippies and Tribalists and soap-dodgers.

Hose them down.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Banners

A photographer has sent through some great shots from a shoot last night, but he hasn't accounted for the copy space we specified - so they're all unusable.

Dammit.

M@

Tanky

Quote from: dandontdare on 27 July, 2009, 07:56:35 PM
...I've been trolling the messageboards (who knew their was such animosity between UKhippy and the tribal people!) and it seems that the council and police had it in for them for ages, but incompetent management and these draconian (and expensive) new licensing laws handed them every excuse they needed.

Basically the police dictated which expensive security company (stuarts or stewarts) they could use - these ex-job bouncers then demanded 60% of the fee up front at the eleventh hour and then pulled out even as the organisers were on the way with a cheque. They then inform the cops that all these dangerous radicals will have no security and....

Unfortunately, this isn't an isolated incident. I know of at least two other festivals this year that've been pulled last minute on exactly the same grounds. The licenses take forever to get sorted, by which time it's essentially too late to book your security and the whole thing gets shut down last minute leaving everyone out of pocket. Your experience does sound unusually pre-meditated by the 'authorities' though - you don't happen to know who this security firm are by any chance?

So, yeah. Life spugs because Tanky was supposed to play a set at one of these festies and will now be missing out on a paycheque she was going to use to move house with  >:(

Peter Wolf

I just had a look at the BGG website and i hate to think how much cash has been lost by the organisers and anyone else who had invested time and money into it.

Does this even occur to the authorities who make these decisions at the very last minute ?

I dont know if this particular festival had any kind of corporate sponsorship but it probably didnt and its probably the lack of it that is the problem here because if there was the festival organisers could probably have afforded to pay off these MFs to allow the festival to go ahead.

If i was the organiser i would make a case for claiming compensation because the authorities way of handling this is unreasonable and ostructive and unjustified.

C****.

Dandontdare

Well, we're off to the Stokes Bay Festival nr Gosport instead as they're offering discounts to BGG refugees and it's on over the same five days. It's cost me over £100 more though, including trains. I'll be offline till Monday, so wish us luck (and dry weather!).

These licensing laws are wrong on so many levels - it has made it virtually impossible to organise a private gathering and consensually police it oneself without ridiculous security demands and vast expenditure. It's also made it much harder and costlier for any village hall, cafe, youthclub or pub to put on any live music.

At which point does a nanny state become a police state?  >:(

Old Tankie

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's Nu Labour!!!  3,500 new laws and rising!!!

Have a great time at your Festival but remember to be very polite to the security guards as, under one of Nu Labour's great new laws, accredited security guards, i.e. "bouncers", can now issue on-the-spot fines for disorderly conduct!!!!  Have fun!!

Peter Wolf

We are already in a Police State.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Old Tankie on 29 July, 2009, 01:37:31 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's Nu Labour!!!  3,500 new laws and rising!!!

Have a great time at your Festival but remember to be very polite to the security guards as, under one of Nu Labour's great new laws, accredited security guards, i.e. "bouncers", can now issue on-the-spot fines for disorderly conduct!!!!  Have fun!!

I just read about this.I think the bouncers have to fail rigorous intelligence tests before they are given licences to issue fines and it takes months of training apparently.Lots of learning by repetition.You get these all over the states now as well .They are not Police but they apparently have powers of arrest and they are govt created minimum wage jobs for useful idiots.

I was actually stopped on my bike by 2 Community police officers [Plastic police] for cycling on the wide seafront pavement instead of the road.They were very pleasent and polite and reasonable and they explained why they were there when i questioned them and i ended up chatting to one of them for a couple of minutes.

Richmond Clements

QuoteWe are already in a Police State.

QuoteI was actually stopped on my bike by 2 Community police officers [Plastic police] for cycling on the wide seafront pavement instead of the road.They were very pleasent and polite and reasonable and they explained why they were there when i questioned them and i ended up chatting to one of them for a couple of minutes.

Fucking Nazis.

TordelBack

QuoteFucking Nazis.

Yeah, I was going to say.  First they came for the pavement cyclists, and I did not speak.  Mainly because I didn't want to interrupt what seemed like a nice chat.

Bolt-01

HA HA HA HA HA, You guys! Made me chuckle.

Peter Wolf

They were Police community support officers and i dont object to them at all as they have clearly defined duties and guidelines that they have to abide by.

PCSOs are not indicative of a police state.