Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

There are some really smashing pieces getting great scans. I love the Talbot and the Hickenton. I would love to have some Hicklenton so If anyone has any that is just making them unhappy to keep I would gladly pay them to take it to a new home!  :P

Until I can get a better scan I thought I would share this

It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

Tis a thing of beauty, that!
There's a good few of these commissions from King Carlos landing over on CAF, of late.
I think id very much love to have one..

hippynumber1

Quote from: Judge Jack on 03 March, 2013, 04:26:25 PM
There's a good few of these commissions from King Carlos landing over on CAF, of late.

Mr. Ezquerra takes on commission work?!  :o

opaque

Might be the closest I'd get to an Apocalypse War page :P
Without people having to say how much they pay, what sort of money is normal for a commission?

hippynumber1

Quote from: opaque on 03 March, 2013, 04:34:12 PM
Might be the closest I'd get to an Apocalypse War page :P
Without people having to say how much they pay, what sort of money is normal for a commission?

Mick McMahon: http://tuggingyourcoat.com/commission-info/

opaque

hippynumber1

S'okay! Prices are going to vary a lot between artists though and some are prepared to do more than others - some will only do single figures, no background for example while others don't do commission work at all...

opaque

I know he's an exceptional example but if people can afford to be paying those prices they can certainly afford original artwork!

Frank

That is extraordinary, skullmo, and absolutely confirms that years of working in colour haven't diminished Ezquerra's facility with line art - that's as fantastic as anything he was producing during his last days on Strontium Dog. I'm just amazed that Carlos has the time and the energy to do commissions as well as his published work so soon after his period of ill health. Thanks very much for posting

Spikes

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 03 March, 2013, 04:32:58 PM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 03 March, 2013, 04:26:25 PM

Mr. Ezquerra takes on commission work?!  :o

Well, here's hoping.
Never known of Carlos doing commission work before, and certainly i havent seen any pop up, before now.
I had asked around, a few years ago - to those in the know, and it seemed that it wasnt on the cards then.
I never got in direct contact with the great man himself, so what the real story was, i couldnt say.

But all the ones on CAF are listed as commissions, so...

Skullmo

Quote from: sauchie on 03 March, 2013, 05:35:59 PM

That is extraordinary, skullmo, and absolutely confirms that years of working in colour haven't diminished Ezquerra's facility with line art - that's as fantastic as anything he was producing during his last days on Strontium Dog. I'm just amazed that Carlos has the time and the energy to do commissions as well as his published work so soon after his period of ill health. Thanks very much for posting

I did not get this as a commission. This was a piece he did for IDW, I just fell in love with it when I saw it, It took me back to the covers around the Prog 400 era. I will have to check if it got printed. I have sent him a message to ask whether he is taking commissions on at the moment, and will let you all know.

Spikes

Quote from: Skullmo on 03 March, 2013, 05:48:57 PM
This was a piece he did for IDW

He was, of course, one of the many artist's featured for the variant cover's of Dredd #1, and i think ive seen it mentioned that he's doing a cover for the 'Year One' series, as well.
Maybe Carlos produced a few of these, and IDW are using them as and when?

hippynumber1

Quote from: opaque on 03 March, 2013, 05:31:57 PM
I know he's an exceptional example but if people can afford to be paying those prices they can certainly afford original artwork!

True, but the pages you want by the artist you like may not (ever) be available so...

Skullmo

Plus there is something more special and personal about a commission.

opaque

I totally agree. And in some cases it could be the only way to get the work but you can get big pages of published original artwork from others for that much which personally I'd prefer.
But then I don't have a massive want for any of these rarer artists so what do I know? :P

There is a lot more artwork around recently isn't there :)