Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Forgotten anniversaries??? That staple of '70s sitcoms (like 'Get Me Hennimore') and the '70s throwback sitcom 'My Family' alike. Glad we don't play those kind of mind games in my House (of Usher). Remembering anniversaries is an obligation shared equally, like all other obligations. "Anniversary next Friday". "Okay. Do you want to do something special for it? What d'you fancy doing?" Can't go wrong!

That, and not ever getting married in the first place, goes a long way to avoiding arguments and disappointment.
STRIKE !!!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "vzzbux"You gotta be kidding.

Sui-sue-ide it is, then!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Roger Godpleton

I took off my sweaty t-shirt before work and left it in my bag. After work I went to get this week's prog out, and it was soggy from t-shirt sweat. Bleurgh. I shall now flagellate myself 900 times in penance for my (unintentional) crimes against Thrillpower.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

I, Cosh

I was meant to be going to Nottingham on Saturday to a 30th birthday party. My mate who was meant to be driving now has to be at work and the once-cheap flights are weighing in at £170. On the other hand, I don't have to go to Nottingham now, so maybe this really belongs in the "life is sort of okay" thread.

Or I do go and I have to leave the house dead early before the posties been and I miss the last episode of Cradlegrave. Aaargh!
We never really die.

TordelBack

I am pitifully hungover, and on a volume of alcohol that in former years I would have considered negligible.  The long slide into decripitude has begun in earnest.

Colin YNWA

I'm back in work after 3 weeks paternity leave. I've been in for what 5 1/2 hours and I'm knackered already. Christ on a bike this is meant to go on for what... another 30ish years and I'm knackered already. I'll never make it.

I HATE the one way system in Nottingham and I don't even drive. Count ya blessings I say The Cosh

Old Tankie

Don't mean to ruin your first day back at work, Colin, but it goes on well passed 30 years and then the grandkids come.......!!!  But it's all great really, wouldn't wish it any other way!!

House of Usher

It goes on well past 30 years and then the grandkids come??

My goodness Old Tankie, but you are old! I'd warrant, even as old as Dez Skinn himself. Congratulations. Next time I have anything fizzy in my glass I shall raise it to your longevity!
STRIKE !!!

Old Tankie

I, Cosh

Today Amazon e-mailed me to say they were cancelling my order for the Walking Dead Compendium. Then, after lunch, I accidentally stuck my finger in my eye and I still can't see properly.
We never really die.

Peter Wolf

I went back to my tiling job in the post office today but found that it was impossible to work because of the public who are just a  f****** pain.I wish i had never started this particular job.

One whining pain the arse was complaining that the floor i was working on plus my tools were a "hazard" and that i should put a sign up.

I lost it with her and asked if she was blind or partially sighted and then asked if i could stick a sign on her saying that she is a hazard and a total pain and to be avoided.

Whining two - legged problem creators.

GGrrrrrr............
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

QuoteOne whining pain the arse was complaining that the floor i was working on plus my tools were a "hazard" and that i should put a sign up.

Ah Pete, if you knew the hours of my life I've wasted in safety management courses just to learn that your correspondent was indeed correct - almost anything is a hazard (including sitting at a keyboard typing shite all day).  You should have responded that while you acknowledge that there is a trip hazard, you have assessed the likelihood of a trip, and the potential severity of resulting injury, and have concluded that the magnitude of risk is in fact very low.  So low in fact that the only necessary mitigation measure is to yell "fuck off!" at anyone who comes near.  There you go, one Risk Assessment and Safe System of Work statement prepared for you gratis.  Think nothing of it.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "TordelBack"
QuoteOne whining pain the arse was complaining that the floor i was working on plus my tools were a "hazard" and that i should put a sign up.

Ah Pete, if you knew the hours of my life I've wasted in safety management courses just to learn that your correspondent was indeed correct - almost anything is a hazard (including sitting at a keyboard typing shite all day).  You should have responded that while you acknowledge that there is a trip hazard, you have assessed the likelihood of a trip, and the potential severity of resulting injury, and have concluded that the magnitude of risk is in fact very low.  So low in fact that the only necessary mitigation measure is to yell "fuck off!" at anyone who comes near.  There you go, one Risk Assessment and Safe System of Work statement prepared for you gratis.  Think nothing of it.

Thats quite right and actually quite close to what happened.The annoying woman was mainly referring to an area of floor just inside the door which was covered with a sheet of hardboard and securely taped down to the floor with lots of tape with an edge no thicker than one eighth of an inch which is perfectly acceptable.I just wanted her out of my face as i didnt like her unpleasent attitude and i didnt yell at her as i never raise my voice as i dont usually have to.

.....there is a Grade 2 listed Regency building just along the road [one of a terrace] that has got cowboys working on it.I know this company and they stripped the entire facade of all its original plaster which is definate  no - no .They have since replastered it including architectural detailing and the standard of work is shockingly atrocious.The worst i have ever seen.

I cannot understand anyone wanting to pay for it and if that was my house or i had a flat in there i would have gone absolutely  f****** ballistic.

Its nothing more than destruction and vandalism and completely unneccessary.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

I, Cosh

...I'm in work on a lovely sunny day, I haven't read the last part of Cradlegrave yet and last night I started reading Watchmen again and all the way through the first chapter all I could think of was that bloody film (which I didn't hate at the time.)
We never really die.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: The Cosh on 11 July, 2009, 03:46:35 PM
...I'm in work on a lovely sunny day, I haven't read the last part of Cradlegrave yet and last night I started reading Watchmen again and all the way through the first chapter all I could think of was that bloody film (which I didn't hate at the time.)

THAT is one of the many reasons I haven't seen the film, and am unlikely to.

Steev
Unused to this new forum... eep.