Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

locustsofdeath!

COMMANDO FORCES

Bloody council digging up the pavement earlier right outside the house. Only managed to get 3 hours sleep so I'm going to have to grab some before work, or I'll die >:(

TordelBack

QuoteOnly managed to get 3 hours sleep so I'm going to have to grab some before work, or I'll die

I'm saying nothing.

Oh alright, I'm saying that I have verified experimentally that this is not true.  9 weeks of ca. 3 hours sleep a night will not kill you.  It will however make you very, very cranky, and not a little stupid, and will make you wish that it would kill you. 

COMMANDO FORCES

It will, as I'll be driving a 44t unit and trailer around the South East ;)

uncle fester

Another Windows update, another complete system freeze. What's the point?

(Sent via phone).

worldshown

My driving licence needs to be renewed this month.

I can't believe the youthful face on the old one used to be me.

Christov

V for Vendetta is on the telly tonight, and sadly people will continue to be ignorant to the far superior comic.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: worldshown on 05 November, 2009, 04:28:43 PM
My driving licence needs to be renewed this month.
I can't believe the youthful face on the old one used to be me.

I had that years ago when I needed a travelcard. Dug up my previous photocards and couldn't believe how my face had flabbed up to the point that I could barely recognise the younger version of me. It was a case of "oh yeah, I remember that face." Not talking League of Fatties but it's surprising how one puts weight on the chops. So I snapped out of it, became a bit of a fitness freak and am back to the younger version. Not as fresh faced but doing ok.

TordelBack

QuoteIt will, as I'll be driving a 44t unit and trailer around the South East

Ha, that'd do it alright!  I can barely make toast these days without incident, spell every second word wrong, and have to drive at old-lady speeds to compensate for system lag.  Grud knows what would happen if I had to operate anything larger than a landrover, but I suspect it would involve Dredd calling in the Holocaust Squad.

Christov

I made the pasta I was so excited about having.

It tasted bloody horrible.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 05 November, 2009, 03:57:49 PM
QuoteOnly managed to get 3 hours sleep so I'm going to have to grab some before work, or I'll die

I'm saying nothing.

Oh alright, I'm saying that I have verified experimentally that this is not true.  9 weeks of ca. 3 hours sleep a night will not kill you.  It will however make you very, very cranky, and not a little stupid, and will make you wish that it would kill you. 

You can end up in some curious mental states through sleep deprivation and that was after just 3 days.

Delays to projects i have lined up before Xmas or one in particular which is a good payer is causing me a certain amount of stress which i can manage adequately but i am on a knife edge and if i am pushed then i can go off on one and start snapping and snarling at a seconds notice and tonight is Bonfire night in Lewes but i am not going to go because the crowds will make me get stressed out and i can be unpredictable so i am staying in instead.

I have not been this quiet workwise in 15 yrs or more.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Minkyboy

I've just eaten the best pie of my life.

Now it is gone.

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Mike Gloady

That's so sad. I felt like that about a dinner i had earlier this week.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Christov

Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all, right?