Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Brian

So, if these are sold at news agents & book stores as periodicals, what happens to the unsold copies? Could the unsold copies be offered to other countries, such as the US?

Molch-R

Quote from: Judge Brian on 06 March, 2015, 05:33:12 PM
So, if these are sold at news agents & book stores as periodicals, what happens to the unsold copies? Could the unsold copies be offered to other countries, such as the US?

No, the collection isn't sold outside the UK and Ireland for licensing reasons. Unsold copies are, I believe, returned to Hachette.

Judge Brian

Quote from: Molch-R on 06 March, 2015, 05:34:26 PM
Quote from: Judge Brian on 06 March, 2015, 05:33:12 PM

No, the collection isn't sold outside the UK and Ireland for licensing reasons. Unsold copies are, I believe, returned to Hachette.

Drok!

Love your thrillcast BTW.

moly

The better half picked up a parcel from the post office and they had my issue 4 and 5 plus tea coasters very happy shame the postie didn't leave a card

robert_ellis

I assume from the prices on the back of the books they are for sale in NZ AUS & South Africa?

J.Smith

Yep, got the latest two volumes myself. The contents of Origins is nothing new to me, excepting the short articles and lovely gallery of Ezquerra's sketches; but the fifth book is all new to me and I couldn't resist leafing through page by page. Earlier this year I read Buttonman and considered Arthur Ranson's artwork absolutely incredible in that series but going through these pages simply left me speechless. Please someone tell me these aren't the only Anderson stories illustrated by him and that we've more to come in the future.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: J.Smith on 06 March, 2015, 11:25:20 PM
Please someone tell me these aren't the only Anderson stories illustrated by him

Anderson: Psi Division (with Alan Grant):

"Triad" (in 2000 AD #635-644, 1989)
"Shamballa" (in 2000 AD #700-711, 1990)
"Reasons to Be Cheerful" (in Judge Dredd Megazine vol. 2 #10, 1992)
"The Witch?" (in Judge Dredd Megazine vol. 2 #14, 1992)
"Jesus Syndrome" (in Judge Dredd Megazine vol.2 #22-24, 1993)
"Satan" (in Judge Dredd Megazine vol. 3 #1-7, 1995)
"The Protest" (in Judge Dredd Megazine vol. 3 #14, 1996)
"R*Evolution" (in 2000 AD #1263-1272, 2001)
"Half-Life" (in Judge Dredd Megazine #214-217, 2004)
"WMD " (in Judge Dredd Megazine #221-226, 2004)
"Lock-in " (in Judge Dredd Megazine #227-230, 2005)
"City Of Dead" (in Judge Dredd Megazine #231-236, 2005)
"Lucid" (in Judge Dredd Megazine #238-241, 2005)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Ranson

Darren Stephens

I have the first four books. Loved them all so far. I'd never read the Apocalypse War and only an episode or three of Origins, so my thrill buffers have been blasted over the last few weeks!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

robert_ellis

Just read Origins for the first time - Wow! Just the scope of it all.  Love the tying in to Curse Earth stories & Judda amongst others...
SPOILER ALERT

When we first see Dredd & Rico as clones they are 2 of 6. Do the others reappear in Dreddlore or did I miss them dying?

Richard

I don't think it said that the other 4 were necessarily Fargo clones.

Only one of them is named - McVey - and he is not in any other story.

moldovangerbil

Did anyone who signed up for the trial run get a bill for both issues 4 and 5 with the delivery?  I did, but I'm sure I had an email from Hachette confirming that the first 4 would be free.  Does anyone else remember getting this?

robert_ellis

Similar problem - I upgraded to premium then got charged for issue 3, which was refunded. Don't stress - put it in an email with your subscriber and they'll credit your account. It will take s couple of weeks and they'll keep asking for your original subscriber number (even though it's the same.) Be patient - it will get sorted!

moldovangerbil

Oh aye, I'm stressed.  Just curious to see if anyone had come across the same issue.  I figured it's the sort of thing that's easily sorted.  In the meantime, everything I've had has been absolutely beautiful so if it costs me an extra tenner I'll live with it!

moldovangerbil

NOT stressed.  I'm not stressed.

Although I am stressed now about not writing NOT stressed in my original reply....

Spikes

Not sure where to place these, but as the latest Hachette release is Origins , I thought it would be nice to share these on here (taken from the Art of Carlos Ezquerra page, for those not on facebook)

The real origin of Dredd...