Main Menu

The Dredd Head drawing thread!

Started by Darren Stephens, 28 May, 2015, 09:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Lambert

Wow! This thread is full of amazing artwork!! Why aren't you all working for 2000ad...??

Okay, I'm going to add some Dredd drawings I did some time ago, before I got my groove back. They're not the best work I've done but I hope they're in keeping with the theme. I was going to include a recent SJS picture I did, but I suspect that's going off topic...
Anyway, here are my Dredd drawings - I think I'd probably (and hopefully!) do better now...

Jim_Campbell

Another sketchbook Dredd: quick photo taken with phone rather than a proper scan, so apologies for fuzziness and yellow-ish cast. Copic multiliners and colour markers, no pencils.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

CrazyFoxMachine

pineapplehead that is ASTONISHING!!!

Here's my own 4 min doodle :S

Darren Stephens

Brilliant work, people. Pineapplehead, that is so cool! Love that CFM Dredd, too. Brilliant Owen.  :D
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Woolly

S'right, great stuff all round.
Trying to get back into digital sketching, so did a quick 10 minute Dredd...

Darren Stephens

You always do a top Dredd Woolly. Here's something that turned up in my Instagram feed this morning. Superb rendition of Dredd from Survival Geeks artists Neil Googe. Always loved Neils work and this is no exception. Has he ever actually drawn Dredd for the prog? If not, well, hi Tharg!  ;)

Posted with the artists permission.  :)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Woolly

Thanks man  :)
Neil Googe's Dredd seems familiar, and that's a lovely pic. Like how he's handled the eagle-pad.

Just had a crack at colouring an earlier post of mine, but didnt like where it was going so i stopped.

pineapplehead

Woolly

:o That's some seriously tight biro skills there. Awesome work.

pineapplehead

Checking out your work too wooly, very cool indeed

Steve Green

Quote from: Woolly on 18 June, 2015, 07:38:52 PM
Thanks man  :)
Neil Googe's Dredd seems familiar, and that's a lovely pic. Like how he's handled the eagle-pad.

Just had a crack at colouring an earlier post of mine, but didnt like where it was going so i stopped.

Neil's Dredd reminds me a little of somewhere between Frank Quitely's and 90s Alex Ronald...

Neil McClements

Great stuff every one, too many to go through and mention them all.

Sharpie Dredd while watching Masterchef. There is a full head and shoulders but cropped like this as I just thought it look better.

James Dilworth

Fungus

Loving the thread, great stuff Neil and James.
Just a lego Dredd to go and that's all media covered ?  :)