Main Menu

Yes my new profile pic IS apparently karen gillan?! (nt)

Started by zombemybabynow, 20 April, 2010, 10:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

Quote from: zombemybabynow on 21 April, 2010, 05:54:43 PM
Thank you sooo much volcano-god, (wanker)

The volcano-god is merely attempting to shield the fair skin of its red-headed followers by blocking out the scorching rays of the sun.

COMMANDO FORCES

Richmond Clements

Can we draw a line under this before it gets (even more) ugly..?

COMMANDO FORCES

Jesus Christ, his Lordship Richmond (when did this happen) doesn't like Ugly people now, it gets worse :o

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Hopefully of some use.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Professor Bear

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 April, 2010, 06:11:44 PM
Quote from: Professah Byah on 21 April, 2010, 06:03:40 PM
I'm curious - do you know my natural hair colour?

Yes

Lies.  I'm just curious how you assumed me stating she was ginger was 'a pop' rather than a shout-out, but let's move on...

Quote from: zombemybabynow on 21 April, 2010, 05:54:43 PMSee what the angst of no comics on a thursday do to people?!

There is no volcano god.  He is a myth propagated by the Venusian lizards to disguise their anti-comic pro-zionist agenda.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Professah Byah on 21 April, 2010, 05:59:47 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 21 April, 2010, 05:47:29 PM

I guarantee you that if you had said that to me directly you would have retracted the comment and apologised.

BTW if you are a bit s-l-o-w the racial/racism implication was in your comment not mine.I like suntanned girls and thats not racist and to say otherwise is totally ludicrous.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Professor Bear

I couldn't have said that to you directly, Peter - it's an image on the internet.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Professah Byah on 21 April, 2010, 07:10:20 PM
I couldn't have said that to you directly, Peter - it's an image on the internet.

I am just reinforcing my comment that you replied to when you posted the above image.

In my mind typing "GINGER" in reference to KG is somewhat loaded or at least thats the way i read the comment.

Two can play at this game.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 21 April, 2010, 07:18:55 PMthats the way i read the comment.

I'm not sure how you could read anything at all into a word said in isolation.  Why did you assume it was meant negatively?

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Professah Byah on 21 April, 2010, 07:29:33 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 21 April, 2010, 07:18:55 PMthats the way i read the comment.

I'm not sure how you could read anything at all into a word said in isolation.  Why did you assume it was meant negatively?

It read to me that the word GINGER wasnt said in isolation other than the fact that it was typed as one word so its obvious that the word ginger was referring to KG so therefore you cant say it was said in isolation as it wasnt an abstract word that you used.

Its also well known to you that redheads are subject to a certain amount of prejudices etc and thats the way that myself and CF read the comment.

Its also the way it was typed in caps with an explanation mark because lets face it if she was Black and i typed BLACK ! then you would have been the first to say i was racist.Also the way you used and typed the word implied humor or that it was somehow of great importance or both.

vzzbux

I am sorry for any offence caused, I put down what the picture made me think, but there is no way anyone can blame me of the gingerism's (which should be flagged up more than my comment) and no I am not ginger.

VNP
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Jim_Campbell

Can we nuke this thread and put it out of its misery now, please?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

The best thing about this thread is that zombemybabynow has since changed his avatar to one carefully calculated to wind up the spelling Nazis. I'd like to report that if King Trout hasn't beaten me to it.
We never really die.

TordelBack

My Dok!  If this is what a picture of Ms. Gillan in her underthings can do to a community, an appearance in a Gentlemen's Periodical (or 21st C equivalent) would surely herald the end of civilisation as we know it.