Main Menu

Does My Figure look big in this?

Started by Trooper McFad, 09 April, 2021, 09:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Happy Easter to those that celebrate and to everyone else happy Monday.

This is no April Fools!!

It's been a couple months since my last figure but I've been beavering away and my next one is ready.

It's just a coincidence that this character has just made a reappearance in the prog but a very welcome one in this Squaxx eyes.

This time I give you MIDNIGHT INDICATING SHAME to go with my previous figure of Porteus Vex.

Midnight was shaped with a kitchen foil core and covered with air dry clay. Her eyes, nose and mouth were added using milliput as well as her arms which have a wire core to add strength.
The eye lashes are made from cut offs from a previous model kit and shaped accordingly.

A little shaping and sanding and Midnight was ready for painting. This was one of the easier and quickest paint jobs I've done.

You'll see the usual stages and a couple of pics with her buddy Vex.

Enjoy

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Jake Lynch

@ArtDroid_Lynch

Trooper McFad

Thanks guys. I was sorely tempted to do a figure with an opening "mouth" but I couldn't (yet) get the hinge right to disappear when closed. But never say never I could always return and do another one

Mike Carroll

That's fantastic! :) The Vex figure was very definitely one of my highlights of last year's Lawless, and Midnight is even better! Brilliant work as always, Trooper McFad!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 05 April, 2024, 12:09:37 AMThat's fantastic! :) The Vex figure was very definitely one of my highlights of last year's Lawless, and Midnight is even better! Brilliant work as always, Trooper McFad!

Thanks Mike - Midnight is packing her bags to make the trip south this year as she's heard how good Lawless is 👍🏻😁

Le Fink

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 04 April, 2024, 10:06:20 PMThanks guys. I was sorely tempted to do a figure with an opening "mouth" but I couldn't (yet) get the hinge right to disappear when closed. But never say never I could always return and do another one
Great model, just like the comic. It always looks to me in the comic like she's unzipping down the length of her body to eat / attack. Or coming apart like orange segments. Sorry probably not helping  :)