Main Menu

1381 - Road Rage.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 13 March, 2004, 03:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

A reason to get out of bed on my day off? Not sure if that's a good thing, I wanted a lie-in.

Cover - Nice art, not sure about the pale pallette though.

Nerve Center - Like the similar pallette here though. Easy to read, and that goes for the letter col too. Liking Droid Life.

Dredd - The opening page with the splash image of Dredd is nicely traditional, and the fact that until he made the decision I couldn't predict what would happen is a good thing. Lovely ending to a story that's as good as a Wagner/Ezquerra collaboration should be.

Future Shock - Now that's what I call a future shock. Proper story with interesting characters and a twist that makes sense in the context of the story. Not a surprise as such but a satisfying conlusion. Liked it a lot.

Sin/Dex - Not much happens this week, but it looks pretty whilst not happening. Even Finny and Ramone admit they've been in this plot before. Interested to find out the reasons for the hit though. Paleface testing them, right?

Valkyries - Still not enjoying this. It's not good, is it?

Rogue Trooper - If this really is Gordons last time on this strip then it looks like he's going to end on a high. Nice to see plot threads from previous tales being tied together. And the art is just right. Possibly my favourite drawings in the prog.

Forecast - The Prog stats of Zarjaz becomes familiar by Sin Dex with some chance of bobbins in the Valhyries but will clear up by the time we reach blue boy. And looking to the week ahead - incoming Durham Red.

DavidXBrunt

Oh, and FXcollector appears to be the internet equivallant of those collectable shops with grossly inflated prices, stock that appears to have been gathered from clearance sale, and never a customer in sight.

?26k for a prop gun?

VampiraJen

how the hell do you have the new prog already????!!!!!!!

Leigh S

Another case for the Chrono Cops - book him, Joe!

Dudley

VERY cool start to this week's reviews.

Overawed!

Queen Firey-Bou

wtf... i only just read 1380 right now, where do you get the next one so early !?

ps. DXB, ta for nice post on other smelly thread )

VampiraJen

"i only just read 1380 right now, where do you get the next one so early !?"

thank god i'm not the only one who has only just read this weeks...stupid boat didn't get in because of the stupid weather.  grrrr.

Dudley

*Bounce* (for the benefit of the ever-early-rising UKDane)

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

Dudley

Scottiepunk

I've got mine to. Got a day off and when the post arrived this morning I opened a white envelope not realising what it was, I'm used to coming home from work and finding my prog sat on my desk, excellent surprise.

Excellent prog all in all, cover was great.

P14 - Strike!!!!!!

Brothers of the Blood - I did wonder when Dolman appeared without his helmet, nice getout giving him a face change. I don't imagine we've seen the last of him though. Was that an adult enough story for you GB?

Lucky for Some - Great fun.

Sinister Dexter - Loving this, getting used to the art, and even though it has similarities to others Sin/Dex stories, I'm still loving it.

Valkyries - Didn't mind it this week.

Realpolitik - I think this is building up to be a great story, I love the art on this PJ, fits great with the story.

Roll on next Monday, can't wait to read Sin/Dex and Rogue.

ukdane

Dud: Yeah mate, I got mine.
Just haven't read it yet.
I'm holding off a bit.
Last week I read the Meg & 2000 within a few hours, and the rest of the week felt empty.
A few months back, I took about a week to read my Meg, and felt much more satisified!
Cheers

-Daney

Bolt-01

'Ow do everybody.

Droid life: Aces, I imagine these droids to be the size of transformer toys, argueing the toss on the shelf behind Thargs desk. Really enjoying it.

Dredd: Superb, not a clue as to how it would finish, exactly right though.

FS: Nice story, shame about the art though.

Sin/Dex: Is it me, or is the saving of Andy Clarke for a 'decent' story making this look like the second story in a reprint volume. Clarkes last work on S/D was the first Cal Kutter tale. hmmmmm.

Valkyries: It finishes next week! Still dont really get it.

Rogue: Lovely, very subdued palette and some of the panels reminded me of Chris Sprouse. Which is always a nice thing. Rogues motivation is suitable as well.

Milton Keynes: Why tell us the week before it happens. Tharg must've known about this for a good while, so why not give us more of a 'heads-up!' on it? Bah. Can't get there.

Overall: 3/5.

Bolt-01

Oddboy

PROG 1381

Dredd - blimey, brilliant end to a top class story! Some nice touches, good stuff.

Future Shocks - pretty lame really, hard to tell what was going on at times. Pah.

Sinister Dexter - enjoyable stuff, but they forgot the Fully Laudromatic lady in there 'been there, done that' list!

Valkyries - meh, still undecided about this. Care less? Probably not.

Rogue Trooper - good stuff, looking forward to more of this. Especially liked the art, there's some really good drawing in there. Not being a reep-and-a-rawler, PJ... them's are bona-fide opinions they are.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Proudhuff

Nice cover, Text along the top works

Victory to the Driodlife 3!!
Spoilers!!

Dredd: This is great Dolman's gone to the Space Corp, when does that story start Thary old bean?
Wagner /Ezquerra as it should be.

FS: Truth is, I didn't understand it, oh the shame!!

FinDex: looks good but...

Valsknickers:  can't be arsed trying to work out what's going on and who's who

Rogue T: AStory is shaping up nicely, art work dips a bit but still looking forward tyo next weeks.

Input: at last a colour scheme I can read!! and a letter about the same...
and a classic bit of muddle writing:

'All members of the politically correct brigade should be put against a wall and shot, but splashing tits around every page does not an interesting story make.'

Ignoring the first daft bit,Did I miss the splashing tits?

Huffy PFC, PC brigade.

DDT did a job on me