Main Menu

1381 - Road Rage.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 13 March, 2004, 03:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krustabi

What's this about Milton Keynes? Is it an advert for the "Collectermania" thingummy they have every so often?...

Queen Firey-Bou

yeah indeed nerve centre we can read...

Dredd brilliant all round CLASS.

fs a bit silly but fine.

Rogue, i am sucked in this week & do give a shit, art great crispy nice, love the greys & some panels are crackers. tho cos i previously didnt give a shit, i can't really be bothered working out one bad guy from another.

valkyries, still enjoying this tale, cartoonly virbant colours fun & nice dynamic lines underneath. don't like squeeks accent.

sin/dex. i'm happy, but possibly if andy clark had drawn space girls i'dve loved it. gorgeous.

input ? theres some nutters around ain't there.

Mr C

Cover-That's a really well drawn shotgun there. (shotgun not minigun!)

DroidLife- Power to the droids! Heh, this has become a familiar part of the weekly in a very short time. Great stuff!

Dredd-A satisfying end to a satisfying story. Yeah, the last page makes you gasp until you read it and find out that he's had a face change. Wagner's building up to something big with all this isn't he?

Future Shock-A good future shock this week, had to go over it to work out that the bloke was "knocking on wood" on the plant that explodes when you touch it.

Sin/Dex- Like I've said before, Andy Clarkes art pushes this above my usual Sin/Dex expectations. Good car chase.

Valkyries-Blah. It's not the nudity or pre-pubescent targetting that bothers me, it's the fact that it's a crap story.

Rogue Trooper- Excellent stuff, PJ's art is really good and GRennies setting up an almighty showdown (I think). Can't wait for the next ep.

Trout

I awoke from slumber in Aquatic Avalon, to wonder why I didn't just stay asleep.

This week's Dredd is fantastic, exciting stuff with proper character development, good art and a bit of a twist.

But the rest of the comic's pretty dull, IMO.

I'll pick out the positive points as much as I can.

Rogue Trooper is a valiant try. It's a perfectly serviceable war/adventure story, with some nice art. I've no specific gripes, really.

It just doesn't thrill me the way I like 2000AD to get those circuits pumping.

Valkyries is simply Synammon: kind of dull and pointless but okay to look at. Like Synnamon, I'm barely following it, but not so enraged at its inclusion that I'm going to tear it to pieces.

It ends next week, at least.

SinDex has some nice drawing, too, although this week we didn't see enough of the girly.

However, we've had this plot before. It's boring!
Suppresses a scream...
Even the main f*cking characters point that out! AGH!
Reading above, I see I'm not the first to notice. But I'll repeat it again, anyway.

If your recycled plot is so old that even the leading characters are making ironic comments: think of a new plot, for God's sake!
Utterly, utterly pathetic. Andy Clarke deserves something better to work on.

And the Future Shock was okay. They're fillers 99% of the time, so I'm not too disappointed, even though it didn't wow me.

Overall, this comic's a 7 out of 10 for me, but only dragged up from 5 because the Dredd's very good.

The cover wasn't marvellous, but at least Droid Life's there.

Hey Tharg! Give us a page number so we can see P14's work!

- Trout

W. R. Logan

>Wagner's building up to something big with all this isn't he?

If he is he doesn?t know it yet.

La Placa Rifa,
http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/>W. R. Logan.

http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/images/Co79_logo.gif>

JTurner

Even if we never see Dolman again we've been informed that there is some humanity in the genes that may begin to show with Dredd - will Rico become the 'classic' Dredd, and Dredd start becoming more human?

Proudhuff

>>>>will Rico become the 'classic' Dredd, and Dredd start becoming more human?

Nope, he'll just get even tighter boots :)
DDT did a job on me

Smiley

The cover was really good. Nice dynamic car chase pic. It looked right and didn't try to cram too much in or get clever with a rear-view in vision or anything like that. Vroom! Just a pity Sin Dex was just that - a car chase and little else.

Liked the FS. Funny and logical. Art's alright too, couldn't help noticing the wide borders and the slight disagreement over balloon placement.

Still couldn't care less about Valkyries, I'm afraid.

I want to like Rogue Trooper but can't muster the enthusiasm. Two nice plays on the untrustworthy women angle in Rogue Trooper don't make up for yet another coerced assassin plot and another top-down view of Rogue near-death full of tubes and stuff. The plundering of old stories so far has made me wonder what Bland and Brass will be like when they turn up. Will the portals of their craft have curtains or something?

The highlight's obvious, Wagner and Ezquerra are still masters of storytelling. None of that fucking tired and lame good-Dredd / evil-Dredd nonsense for Dolman in the end, just the Dredd-like iron will to say no to it all and look for fulfillment elsewhere. Brilliant.

Noisybast

Anybody else think the FS artist was knocking off old Bad Company artwork (badly, I might add)?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Trout

Is the comic so dull that not even this message board will draw more comments on it than this?

We'd have a longer thread if it was about crisps or something.

- Trout

W. R. Logan

>We'd have a longer thread if it was about crisps or something.

Sure there?s not one, seems to have topics on everything other than 2000, so might as well add favourite crisp flavour to the list.

La Placa Rifa,
http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/>W. R. Logan.

http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/images/Co79_logo.gif>