Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Dash Decent on 28 October, 2019, 11:42:50 AM
King's Reach: John Sanders... "ultimately came up against a crooked business tycoon" - Robert Maxwell?

Today's Drokktober entry from Pete Stewart turned out to be topical:

Today's prompt was 2000ad's SILLIEST VILLAIN

Dash Decent

They could have also drawn that editor who kept back copyright for himself when everyone else was on a 'work-for-hire' deal as 'silliest villain' too.

(I'm kicking myself that I can't think of his name.)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

CalHab

Quote from: Dash Decent on 29 October, 2019, 06:17:58 AM
They could have also drawn that editor who kept back copyright for himself when everyone else was on a 'work-for-hire' deal as 'silliest villain' too.

(I'm kicking myself that I can't think of his name.)

Alan McKenzie.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bolt-01

Dandontdare

and timely, as Feral seems to have undergone some gender realignment

O Lucky Stevie!

[quoteUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE #416
(W) Various
More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! The lawman comes under attack by Black Atlantic pirates in new Dredd thriller "Plunder" by Michael Carroll and Karl Richardson; Metta Lawson investigates attacks out in the Badlands in Lawless: "Boom Town"; horror invades Devlin Waugh's holiday retreat in "A Very Large Splash"; the surviving colonists attempt to escape Getri-1 in series three of "Blunt"; and we go back to the beginnings of the Judge system in new series "Dreadnoughts." In addition there's interviews, features and more, and in the bagged mini-trade, the adventures of Soviet ultra-assassin Orlok by Arthur Wyatt and Jake Lynch!][/quote]

Hmmm...
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

hippynumber1

Does anybody know why Third World War isn't available to pre-order from the Rebellion store? I can't find it anywhere...

sheridan

Quote from: Frank on 27 October, 2019, 04:57:34 PM
Quote from: The Monarch on 27 October, 2019, 03:57:34 PM
i thought the big bad of judgement day was a shit walter the softie with magic powers

You're right, of course. Zombies are the threat* in Judgement Day, not the villain.

Let's open up another category of Wizard, and put Judge Child and City Of The Damned in there too.

Please.  The term is 'space wizard'.

robprosser

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 04 November, 2019, 07:47:49 PM
Does anybody know why Third World War isn't available to pre-order from the Rebellion store? I can't find it anywhere...
It's not out for a couple of months yet. The pre-orders frequently appear in the store just a couple of weeks prior to publication and ,indeed, very occasionally after publication.

hippynumber1

Quote from: robprosser on 07 November, 2019, 12:27:48 PM
It's not out for a couple of months yet. The pre-orders frequently appear in the store just a couple of weeks prior to publication and ,indeed, very occasionally after publication.

Yeah, I was curious because Trigan Empire is available and that's four months away. You're right, of course, and I've had a reply from Rebellion confirming this.

Tjm86

'tis now.  Even better news is the hardcover version!!!!

broodblik