Main Menu

Beyond the Pale?

Started by paulvonscott, 17 December, 2004, 07:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrillpowerseeker

Waugh was fabtastic..some people may be shocked by its graphicness others not..that doesnt mean you shouldn't show it..if people want to be offended let them..its a free country you have the right to be offended by anyone or thing..

Proudhuff

I found it a bit of fun, is it that it was male judges having a bit of erse that annoyed you all?

If it had been a load of Judge lipstick lezz action (as suggested on other past threads)nobody would have blinked

Personally in my warped world as I've read Dredd, I've often wondered at the lack of sex in the future.
After all when you see how new today's technology is quickly turned to cheap wanknology and the shameless chasing of cheap thrills perv-aids most young male culture it's a wonder this 'any hole will do' isn't a standard of tale of future life.

I'm surprised there aren't more 'Spartan' feelings amongst all those male Judges, or is that why the Citz call them Helmets?

HoHoHo Huff
DDT did a job on me

colcool007

I think it is more a sign of our changing society than anything else. Just look at some of the glossies aimed at kids (I mean the 11 to 14 yr old girls glossies). Some of the stories featured nowadays would not have disgraced Forum when I was growing up. (Which is why I am Fascist Dad and vet any magazine before it is bought)

However we are discussing the Meg and I do not think it is unreasonable to expect "mature" themes to be explored, especially as the Meg has always aimed at the 16 plus bracket.  What surprised me more is that we have had no great sense of moral outrage. No demonstrations or questions being asked in the House (I still remember Action being banned!) but as this is a magazine that can normally be found on the topshelf in shops then I can't see why any of us should be shocked/surprised considering that most teenagers these days have access to far more graphic images, via the 'net and other nefarious means, than the art drawn by MacNeil (who is only two years older than me, but he looks much older!)