Main Menu

Has American Reaper inspired a film?

Started by Ancient Otter, 16 September, 2013, 12:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Otter

Just flicking through IMDB, saw a plot blurb for a film that sounds a little inspired by American Reaper, but then again body switching is trope that pops in sci-fi from time to time: Selfless.

PsychoGoatee

My guess is it's probably just a coincidence. I don't know if the writers follow comics, I know they're from Spain, I'm sure The Tooth has some readers there but who knows. Plus the script for that movie may've been written years ago.

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 16 September, 2013, 01:14:57 AM
My guess is it's probably just a coincidence. I don't know if the writers follow comics, they're from Spain, I'm sure The Tooth has some readers there but who knows. Plus the script for that movie may've been written years ago.

PsychoGoatee

Mabs

Hmm, it does sound very much like American Reaper, but my feeling is it's unrelated to Pat Mills' creation. However, American Reaper itself plays out like movie at times, and I'm sure it'd make a nice film!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

sheldipez

I'd have to go and dig the meg out but I'm sure either Reaper's debut meg or the meg that came before it mentioned that it had been optioned for a film.

vark

Indeed the purpose of Repeat offenders is to develop GN concept to be adapted to film: http://www.repeatoffenders.co.uk/index.html

James Stacey

It certainly reads like storyboards not a comic strip.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Adventurer

Body stealing and old people being assholes about being old are hardly new tropes. Frankly its a big reason i don't like American Reaper. Its just absurdly cliche with nothing new to say.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

sheldipez

Quote from: The Adventurer on 18 September, 2013, 06:30:46 AM
Body stealing and old people being assholes about being old are hardly new tropes. Frankly its a big reason i don't like American Reaper. Its just absurdly cliche with nothing new to say.

But the Reaper is an angry, cop-like dude who is more often than not correct when his superiors are in the wrong. That's never been done before, right?!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: sheldipez on 18 September, 2013, 07:03:07 AM
Quote from: The Adventurer on 18 September, 2013, 06:30:46 AM

Win!

But the Reaper is an angry, cop-like dude who is more often than not correct when his superiors are in the wrong. That's never been done before, right?!