Main Menu

Prog 2147 - The Enforcer

Started by IronGraham, 31 August, 2019, 02:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronGraham

Same as last week with a Drokking good cover from the Jake Lynch Bot
We're werewolves not swearwolves

IronGraham

Wish that SinDex wasn't coloured because Steve Yeowell's black and whites are so beautiful.
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Frank

Quote from: IronGraham on 31 August, 2019, 03:10:25 PM
Wish that SinDex wasn't coloured because Steve Yeowell's black and whites are so beautiful.

I prefer Yeowell's inks alone, but he's working halftone here. Stevie Owl posts the originals of all his 2000ad work every week on social media:

broodblik

Yes, Yoewell's B&W is great but I do like they colouring of Charles. It does suits the story.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Split on the Mighty Yeowell's current work. Its lovely and I really enjoy the look and feel it gives the story... is it as good as his line work... dunno.... its just different I think.

Anyway just like preferences for the Might Yeowell's art the Prog, as I've said before, can be about the fine margins. While last weeks was an absolute classic this weeks is a little, little, weaker.

Dredd is just as glorious as the opener as the knot tightens around Barbarbara Grimm.

Sinister Dexter is fine but its about as set up as set up can be.

Indigo Prime is as fantastic as ever.

3rillers Red Road is the same as last week, which in this case is a problem. Its fantastic blistering action but with no real context and only an episode to go it now runs the risk of becoming an enlongated Future Shock dress in  a fight scene. Lets see what the last episode provides us. Still a fun read mind.

Jaegir is fantastic as the knot tighten around... well a few folks actually.

And its those find margins that can take a great Prog down to a good Prog even when its a 5-4-5.

NapalmKev

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 31 August, 2019, 08:32:31 PM

Indigo Prime is as fantastic as ever.

Indeed! Writing and Artwork being equally outstanding; I can't get enough of this strip and I hope we see more in the future!

At the risk of invoking some sort of angry dancing - I'm not a fan of Sinister Dexter. When it first started I thought it was pretty good. One Long Walk later, I returned and it was still going. Except it had some Dimension-Hopping Ninjas', or something, followed by a reboot. No thanks!

Cheers

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

73north

yet again , bad luck strikes - no prog again for me yesterday  :(
( and I am working on Monday till 9pm , so no Jaegir to read till Tuesday at earliest )

Richard

There should be a separate thread for no prog complaints. They're not relevant to the review threads.

(This is not a dig at 73north.)

Fungus

Quote from: Richard on 01 September, 2019, 08:01:26 PM
There should be a separate thread for no prog complaints. They're not relevant to the review threads.

Doesn't sound like the thrillingest of threads.

Richard

Dark Jimbo

You should give the Ultimate Collection thread a go...!

I've pretty much given up reviewing the books there, lost as they soon are in the deluge of '44/45 finally turned up, but still waiting on 42/43.'
@jamesfeistdraws

Proudhuff

Quote from: Richard on 01 September, 2019, 08:01:26 PM

Disagree, Its good to know you're not alone without the prog, or if there has been a major attack by the Dictators and the whole of Cal-Hab is progless...
DDT did a job on me

MumboJimbo

Agreed. Whenever my prog's late, I always check the review post to see if I'm the only one!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 31 August, 2019, 08:32:31 PM

Dredd is just as glorious as the opener as the knot tightens around Barbarbara Grimm.

Sinister Dexter Cant help but feel other droids could have done that five page set up in one panel...

Indigo Prime is same as ever...

3rillers Red Road is the same as last week, which in this case is a problem. Its fantastic blistering action but with no real context and only an episode to go it now runs the risk of becoming an enlongated Future Shock dress in  a fight scene. Lets see what the last episode provides us.

Jaegir is fantastic as the knot tighten around... well a few folks actually.

Damage Report! Wow, which droids have been sold?  :o
DDT did a job on me