Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyroxian

Quote from: Dodsy on 04 August, 2017, 04:51:52 PM
Quote from: rogue69 on 31 July, 2017, 09:54:44 PM
Forbidden Planet have in their sale at the moment

Charlie's War £4.99, 2000AD t shirts £9.99 2000AD cursed Earth £4.99, signed Zenith giclee prints £19.99, Camelot 3000 £6.99, Major Eazy vol1 £4.99, Johnny Nemo £ 4.50, Marshal Law :Origins £1.99 as well as the usual DC & Marvel bits & pieces

Saw the Charlie's War's in the Newcastle store. Almost grabbed the lot until I realised a few where missing,
kind of wish I'd grabbed them now regardless  :'(

They're still £4.99 on the online store, so you could grab the missing ones from there - I picked up the last 4 I was missing.

Colin YNWA

There's a tempting Fantagraphics Humble Bundle at the moment

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/best-of-fantagraphics-comics

The only problem with it is I have lots of what I'd like from it already... still its kinda tempting...

IndigoPrime

Looks like from that in digital, I have... Wuvable Oaf. I thought I had more, but apparently not. (I've got all the Peanuts stuff in print, but Fantagraphics is one of those publishers I've not read much of.)

Dodsy

Quote from: Pyroxian on 04 August, 2017, 05:12:41 PM
Quote from: Dodsy on 04 August, 2017, 04:51:52 PM
Quote from: rogue69 on 31 July, 2017, 09:54:44 PM
Forbidden Planet have in their sale at the moment

Charlie's War £4.99, 2000AD t shirts £9.99 2000AD cursed Earth £4.99, signed Zenith giclee prints £19.99, Camelot 3000 £6.99, Major Eazy vol1 £4.99, Johnny Nemo £ 4.50, Marshal Law :Origins £1.99 as well as the usual DC & Marvel bits & pieces

Saw the Charlie's War's in the Newcastle store. Almost grabbed the lot until I realised a few where missing,
kind of wish I'd grabbed them now regardless  :'(

They're still £4.99 on the online store, so you could grab the missing ones from there - I picked up the last 4 I was missing.

Do you have a link? I couldn't find anything....
Twitter - @dodsy84

CalHab

I see they're all £4.99, including the Omnibus (which I've just ordered).

IndigoPrime

Looks like they're selling that Apex Zenith book for 30 quid, if anyone wants that.

CalHab

Mardroid

Quote from: CalHab on 07 August, 2017, 01:47:10 PM
I see they're all £4.99, including the Omnibus (which I've just ordered).

Thanks for the heads up! A real bargain! (The first four volumes for the same price as one, if I understand correctly. It'd be a good bargain for just one!)

I'll admit, I'm not all that into war comics but I've heard some very good things about this.

Tjm86

It's a no brainer at any price but at those prices ...  You would have to be completely insane to pass them up.  Part of me wishes they had included the WW2 stuff as well but I can understand why they gave it a miss.

On the Bolland front, I'm sticking with my signed copy of Bolland Strips.  Nice price though.

IndigoPrime

Latest Humble Bundle is a boat-load of IDW Transformers and GI Joe, including a load of the huge 'collection' volumes:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/transformers-vs-gi-joe-comics

The Adventurer

Complete run of Regeneration One, but no A Real American Hero? Bah.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

Dark Horse have a sale on the digital versions of a host of Omnibus they have. While I have everything I'd be after these's some absolute beauties here for about a fiver I reckon.

I'd certainly I'd whole heartedly recommend

Age of Reptiles
All four Grendal Omnibus
All eight Nexus Omibus

linkie

https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/okmU0ys2pQaxjyaqg9kxyIGZ8IprBYcPfe8qB3fDCdOOY5o6x4SwEdcs6nNB6H1aozJuvWcn_YsH1HgkmVUK-8Tu_H8D6KuBTJtuP9GNxtrg1fHAuH8sDBM=s0-d-e1-ft#http://i3.cmail20.com/ei/r/49/F36/2DE/csimport/digital-1.101253.jpg

Bolt-01

Ah, Colin, you beat me to it.

I've just picked up ALL of Alien Legion for $12 dollars! Result.

Very tempted by the thought of the Nexus collections, too.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 August, 2017, 02:26:46 PM
Dark Horse have a sale on the digital versions of a host of Omnibus they have. While I have everything I'd be after these's some absolute beauties here for about a fiver I reckon.

All eight Nexus Omnibus
I really enjoyed the first of these so I'll have to take a look at this...
We never really die.