Main Menu

BBC Radio 'Kim Newman's History of D&D'

Started by Marbles, 22 August, 2004, 02:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

Anyone who missed today's (Saturday's) broadcast on 30 years of D&D can pick it up on the BBC's listen again service, under factual, over the next week only. The programme is called 'Dicing with Dragons' and the link is:

bbc.co.uk/radio4/factual

The online broadcast has a bit of the tail-end of the previous programme first, so stick with it past Noel Coward. :-)

Link: Dicing With Dragons

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Marbles

Bugger. Just seen Gary Wilkinson beat me too the draw on this bit of news.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

paulvonscott

Heh, enjoyed that.

China Mievelle for, Dominic Diamond against.  Hmmm... I know who I trust, and I've never read any of his books.

Funny how Cheryl was obviously a transexual.

As with most of these things, it's pretty skewed, and full of stereotypes.  I've played in lots of games with girlies (and we're not talking creatures who have been kept in attics here, or Cheryls) though they are obviously a minority as it's a bit of a boys game historically.

I don't play D&D, I play other games, the Lovecraft inspired Call of Cthulhu and WFRP (which is having second edition next year, exciting huh!), and though I've been too skint to visit my old university friends for a nostalgic game/reunion/piss up this year, I'll play some of these things again.

I enjoy too much geek stuff to be embarressed by it.