Main Menu

advent eeks

Started by fraston, 16 December, 2001, 10:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraston

Hey...i just went to have a butchewrs at the advent calender and it started downloading as one of the unholy "exe"s....
What with using a mac and all, i'm wondering what the calender is and why it has to be constructed of such an unclean substance as an "exe". we can't open em y'see.

Eek.

F

Wake

Sorry...it was aready December when Robin had the idea so he didn't have much time...next year I'll see if the calendar can be more compatible.

I thought Macs could emulate PCs nowadays

Wake

Dominic O'Rourke

"I thought Macs could emulate PCs nowadays "

Wake

Aha, another microsoft clone is revealed, call in the hoards of angry villagers!
Member No. 10

Wake

I may now have succumed to MS, but I did hold out for longer than most PC users. I've tried OS/2 and various flavours of DOS, but gradually the software dried up, or the systems weren't stable enough. Follow the link below for a page I wrote in 1997 about choosing an OS for a laptop.

This is the same laptop I was using last summer (with MS-DOS 6 and Windows 3.11) to work on databases for this website but it has since broken (it turns itself off after 2 minutes).

Link: http://www.brookes.ac.uk/~p0071480/oscar.htm" target="_blank">OSCar.PCs

fraston

macs can emulate pcs with the right software, but i don't want that filthy stuff polluting my baby.

plus i'm running osx and there's bugger all out there for it at the mo in that respect.

F