Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

You can all relax now, I'm 'Back. 

Trout

Now we need a full report.

Goaty

Frank

We changed a few things while you were gone - the spoons are in the fork drawer and Thryllseekr's the ruthless board enforcer who weeds out any troublemakers and pounces upon minor factual errors without mercy. Bread is still thinly sliced white rectangles of chewy dough, though - get used to it.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

P.S. good to have you back, Tordyboy.  Where's yer bin anyway?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: Goaty on 12 July, 2014, 10:27:47 PM
Who are you?

Hey, at least I didn't copy my username from some graffiti in the Dredd movie...   ;)

Yes indeed, I have been on my travels: two ferries and 2,500 miles in a Ford Fiesta with a wife, two children, a SciFi Special, sundry vicious insects and one very wet tent.  I've eaten and drunken and spent too much.  And I've seen wondrous things.   

Grugz

I'm assuming your wife and two children?  ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: 2T(fru)T on 13 July, 2014, 01:15:08 PM
I'm assuming your wife and two children?  ;)
:D

I'm guessing you went to France, Tordels?  I remember doing a very similar trip with my family when I was a kid; even down to the Sci-Fi Special! This one, which I remember reading on a French campsite:

TordelBack

Heh, yes my own wife and kids, but only because anyone else's would probably have murdered me before we got as far as Rosslare...

France it was, a very long loop (Cherbourg - Paris/Ile de France - Massif Central - Languedoc/Rousillon - Vendee - Normandy) spent in part trying to dodge the rain that followed us across the country, helpfully identifying the numerous leaks in our new tent, which went back into the car wet after each stop.  Largely deterred from the internet by high charges, I prepared a long drunken screed on the whole thing as I went, intended for later serialisation, but on re-reading it without the benefit of 1-euro-a-litre VRAC wine numbing my judgement I decided against doing so.  It lacked the purity of theme of a Buttonman, unless you counted my objectification of naked ladies, and the worrying absence of my right hand in photos.

Probably suffice it to say it was a blast, I visited several exhibitions that have been decades-held dreams (including Monet's Nymphea at the Orangerie, and the Palaeolithic collection at National Museum of Prehistory at St. Germain en Laye) learnt a lot and even managed to attend a conference, the kids were splendid travelling companions given the very cramped conditions and mixed weather, and I got to read my Sci-Fi Special under canvas in a thunderstorm as Tharg doubtless intended.

Fungus

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 July, 2014, 03:58:02 PM
I got to read my Sci-Fi Special under canvas in a thunderstorm as Tharg doubtless intended.

That practical alien has always used sturdier paper stock for the summer specials...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 July, 2014, 10:18:01 AM
And I've seen wondrous things.

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orleans... C-beams glittering in the dark near the Menin Gate...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Spikes

This Footie match sure is exciting....

Frank

Quote from: Spikes on 13 July, 2014, 10:06:11 PM
This Footie match sure is exciting....

The finals are always shite. Both teams are more scared of doing something that means they lose the game than they want to win it, so they just end up playing for a penalty shoot out. That small child's goal should shake things up a bit.

Frank

SICK BASTARD SPIELBERG
MURDERS TRICERATOPS:

idiots of world condemn his actions

Incredibly, a fair few members of the public didn't grasp that the picture was taken from the Jurassic Park set, believing that Spielberg had actually poached a dinosaur; dinosaurs, a breed of animals that became extinct 66 million years ago.

The image has been shared over 33,000 times attracting thousands of comments, initially from misinformed users (apparently unaware that dinosaurs are no longer) and also those lamenting their stupidity.

Tyrell Patrick branded Spielberg "a worthless son of a b****!", while Scoomp Pi called it a "sad, disgusting scene".

Becky Daigle said: "One day we realise that we are killing all animals on this planet and we need them to survive. But, when we realise it will be too late."

"I did not know that Steven Spielberg is a dinosaur hunter," said Andrea O'Donnell Koran. "I am not only outraged, but disgusted!!"

"This is no sport!!" cried Omega McCracken, as Sondre Jorstad questioned: "Why did he kill such a rare animal?"

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/facebook-users-troll-jurassic-park-director-steven-spielberg-over-dead-dinosaur-photo-30426459.html