Main Menu

Webslinger

Started by Last of the V8's, 08 June, 2002, 10:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last of the V8's

Saw Spiderman movie today and have to say how fantastic was.
Still don't agree with the Green Goblin exo-skeleton, but can see why they went this way.
If the new Dredd films can ''stay true to the character'' like this then great.
Heres hoping.

Ol^ Marbles

Yeh I just saw it (London Wood Green Cineworld). Pretty good, but wasnt blown away like I hoped to be.
The CGI action bits of Spidey are too 'unreal' for my liking - you can't identify with something that looks so obviously fake and generated. Plus its difficult to act and emote when your face is covered in a mask.
Still, it was good fun. Won't be buying the DVD, but would watch the sequel for sure..

paulvonscott

I really liked it.  I thought the green goblin looked like he'd escaped from the power rangers series at times.  But, for me this was a great superhero movie.

I liked all the cgi spidey, it gave me a sense of webslinging that was really exciting.

I'm not a spiderman fan, but after this I felt like I was.

Well done Sam Raimi and the cast.  Had a really good time watching this movie, sign me up for the next one.

Mangamax

Did you notice ol' Petey boy only had about 3 lines while in the suit?
Wished there'd been some sort of grand first apperance for his proper costume instead of that rather clunky montage
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

paulvonscott

Well, there's no pleasing some people.  I really feel sorry for rebellion, if they want to please their fans.  I say fuck em and make a few bucks out of the Dredd movie.  Fans will moan regardless.