Main Menu

“Get your trousers on, Lucifer - you're nicked!”

Started by Molch-R, 04 May, 2011, 11:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

Dying of cancer, combating demons and swigging from a bottle of laudanum – Inspector Harry Absalom ain't exactly Inspector bloody Morse.

Mixing The Sweeney with The X-Files, Absalom is the latest dark tale from Necronauts writer Gordon Rennie, brought to gritty life with artwork from newcomer Tiernen Trevallion.

Premièring in 2000 AD® prog 1732 tomorrow (5th May), Absalom is a pseudo-spin-off from Rennie's popular but unfinished Caballistics series for 2000 AD about a freelance team of demon hunters caught up in an ancient game of good versus evil.

An old-school London copper, Absalom has been on the force for 40 years. He's also head of a special squad that enforces The Accord, a diplomatic treaty made in the 15th Century between the throne of England and the powers of Hell, keeping tabs on the demons who walk amongst us.

Dark, nasty and just a little bit funny – Absalom is another twisted tale from 2000 AD that lends new meaning to the phrase 'demonic forces'.

Beeks

"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Buddy

uncle fester

Even if it is, you can never have enough of those kind of stories.

James Stacey

You know we all buy this particular comic anyway, right MolchR ? ;)

Molch-R

Quote from: James Stacey on 04 May, 2011, 11:54:27 AM

I'd hate for you all to think I wasn't copying you lot in on my output ...

James Stacey

pauljholden

Quote from: Molch-R on 04 May, 2011, 11:57:05 AM
Quote from: James Stacey on 04 May, 2011, 11:54:27 AM

I'd hate for you all to think I wasn't copying you lot in on my output ...

Pervert. I'd rather you didn't "copy" me into your "output".

Filthmonger.

BTW Happy Birthday!

-pj

mygrimmbrother

Emperor

Some preview art over at Bleeding Cool:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/05/04/i-am-the-law-inspector-harry-absalom/

I'm well up for this (can't wait for the prog to drop through my letter box) and would be happy to see Double T (still no catching on) get as much work as Tharg can throw at him, but please let us see some in colour too as he is a rather handy with the old crayons too ;)

Also at DTT:

http://downthetubescomics.blogspot.com/2011/05/meet-2000ads-new-demon-hunter-absalom.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Mardroid

Looks fantastic. I love that style of black and white art too. Very different to the stark black and whites of Cabalistics, which was good too, albeit in a different way.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Buddy on 04 May, 2011, 11:51:58 AM
Quote from: Beeks on 04 May, 2011, 11:48:53 AM
Constantine?

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking!!

A chain-smoking scouse sorceror and confidence trickster versus a cantankerous, aging London copper with a morphine addiction?

Don't see it, myself. Besides the job description, they're no more alike than they are to Bix Barton, Spartacus Dandridge or Ampney Crucis. (That said, Tharg could probably do with cutting down on the occult detectives for a wee bit).
@jamesfeistdraws

CrazyFoxMachine

Trevallion kicks so much arse - he's like our board's Steve Denton wrestling Mike Mignola!

O Lucky Stevie!

Sounds like the Divison X series that Stevie wanted to spin off from The Invisibles.

Sorted.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

bug@lugs

:-*any chance of picking up the threads of caballistics inc.(sadly missed)
wibble!