Main Menu

First look at Tharg's Terror Tales: Necronauts and A Love Like Blood

Started by Emperor, 25 May, 2011, 02:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

It is time to reveal the spooky cover to the first Tharg's Terror Tales:

QuoteLike so many British comic book creators, Batman and Robin and Xombi artist Frazer Irving first earned a reputation through work in 2000 AD, the long-running anthology that launched characters including Judge Dredd and Halo Jones.

This Halloween, two of Irving's early 2000 AD stories see print in one collection via Tharg's Terror Tales, a collection of "Necronauts" and "A Love Like Blood." Newsarama has your first look at the US-only EC-esque cover, seen here.

Click through all you horrorologists and Frazer fiends:

www.newsarama.com/comics/frazer-irving-2000ad-110524.html

Pre-order:
www.amazon.com/Tharg’s-Terror-Tales-Presents-Necronauts/dp/1907992510/
www.amazon.co.uk/Thargs-Terror-Tales-Presents-Necronauts/dp/1907992510/
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

CrazyFoxMachine

Irving butters my bread.

I take it that's him doing the cover? (Stupid Q no. 483) - he's changed!

Colin YNWA

That's a great cover and the type of package I've advocated  before to showcase some of the shorter thrill that can't get their own release. Fingers crossed to does well as a format.

John Caliber

Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

mygrimmbrother

I'm actually not that fussed about that cover. Neat enough idea, but the execution doesn't seem up to Frazer's ususal standard.

M.I.K.

I rather like the look of it. Kind of old-fashioned and has lots of pretty colours and stuff.

Not too sure about the look and placement of the black lettering with the green outline, though.

W. R. Logan

Emperor

The guy who runs the Houdini blog Wild About Harry mentioned Necronauts, so I've been passing him information and he has now blogged about the cover:

www.wildabouthoudini.com/2011/05/necronauts-reprint-cover-art.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+