Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

From someone experiencing delays on the 3A Forum...

Quote...it looks like a label was printed, but nothing was ever mailed out.

Surely that can't be true...?

SIP

Finally got my Dredd and lawmaster.

They look so pretty. I love the way Dredd looks.

Build quality on Dredd is much the same as it was on Death. That's is, its seriously fragile! Same loose joints and constant feeling that it's about to break. Doesn't hold his poses well and doesn't really sit well on the bike. On the plus side the bike looks nice. On the negative, it is at least 30% too small and the screen on the bike looks cheap.

Dredd LOOKS really good. But I would be very careful with him. As to which is the best figure between mezco and 3a? Well, my preference is always for the classic dredd look and classic bike (as per 3a's figure) - but this isn't even a close contest, the mezco is far and away the better figure and bike. The quality of the mezco dredd and bike blows 3as effort out of the water.  3A Dredd will be carefully propped up at the back of the shelf where he will not come to any harm (sam slade is forever trying to throw himself off shelves). There he can look pretty. Meanwhile I'll continue to pose and play with my mezco Dredd 😊

SIP

Putting that a different way......if you are more of a classic dredd fan and want a nice ornament, get 3a. If you like modern dredd or want an action figure, get mezco.

BPP

Always strikes me as odd people come over to a thread to pronounce something else superior.

Whatever floats your boat, shitting on peoples joy isn't one that works for me.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

SIP

I like them both, which is why I paid hundreds of pounds for them. Expressing a preference is hardly shitting on other people's joy.

I got a 3a dredd, I gave my opinion about it on the 3a dredd thread.

BPP

'This thing you bought, I bought something thats much better'.

Misanthrope

Does anyone have the rights to the movie Dredd? Give em to 3A!
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

teckno viking

Maybe you need re read peoples reviews BPP. Almost all have been High on 3a now we finally have them in hand.
However as I have stated they BOTH have pro's and Cons.

People after shelling out hundreds do indeed have an opinion to expres and warn potential buyers too. Hell it is even forewarning those still waiting.

Look at Poor Scott (theTooN) and his alas damaged straight from the box (3A sending a replacement body BTW), however he was great that I got to see how these figures are once stripped down as I will be doing the same Once my B&W arrives so fore armed.

3A was always going to be the more fragile of the two figures. I was hoping this newer body would be made sturdier, alas not the case. However you could switch body if stripping them for something more robust from S.H.Figuarts, as they have a Blank figure that is Amazing.
However some will say "But for the price Why" & a valid question.

If you want something to just sit on a shelf a statue, if you want something articulated then of course Action Figure.

I don't do Brand alliegence as it's all about what works Best. Here It's allabout DREDD not which brand made the best. So Highs and Lows of Brands as stated are indeed helpful.

SIP

Thanks Teckno-viking. I thought I had been pretty balanced in presenting the pros and cons of both figures.

"This thing you bought...." - I bought them both BPP.

Am I allowed to go on the prog review thread or the movie review thread and express preferences?

I'm supporting 3a all the way here, I have death, Sam slade, dredd, lawmaster, fear on the way, mortis and 1/6 dredd on pre order.

Anyway, I neither have the time nor inclination to spend on Internet squabbles, so perhaps BPP would be gracious enough to allow me to express an opinion on something I spent a lot of money on and we can all move on.

BPP

Sure, I believe there is a Mezco thread for that very purpose.

SIP

Does that mean we can't mention 3a Dredd on the mezco thread then? So, guess we are going to need a "Mezco Dredd versus 3a Dredd" thread?

James Stacey

I think the Mezco Dredd looks awful and robustness doesn't really matter to me so I'm happy. He's a lot less gurney in real life too. You do get very defensive of 3A if anyone slights them if you don't mind me saying BPP. You don't own shares in them? :)

teckno viking

BPP I know your a very Loyal 3A fan and good for you.

I think I can safely say however Here on the 2000ad forum its DREDD/2000ad we Are Very Loyal too. So No matter the company making whatever, comparisons are Always going to be made.

If you look NO One is mentioning how 3A stacks against ReAction or Marvel Legends, why as that got covered over in the Mezco thread and we Happily agree Mezco blew those out of the water (Well for me that truly is the case). So Now Yes 3A & Mezco are going to be the ones that comparisons are made with.

Again Honestly I have no idea why you have a beef as pretty much everyone is On board with 3A's Dredd even with all the flaws Labelled (As I & others are with Mezco & their flaws too).

Simply Put NO One Brand makes the perfect Action Figure Toy, That simple. Been collecting, customising for 40 years+ now since I got my first getting my first Mego 3 3/4, followed by Star Wars back in the 70s.

I owe NO Brand allegiences as stated above it's about DREDD here and 2000ad merchandise.

FYI I have numerious 3A 1/12 figures, then of course 2000ad with MONGROL, Death, \Sam Slade, 4 Dredd's and 2 Lawmasters and of course once arrive Fear & Mortis. That is a Tidy sum spent on 3a even with flaws so for you to complain we don't show loyalty, well that is just wrong as MONEY speaks louder than Kissing Ashley's ass. 

teckno viking

Quote from: James Stacey on 09 December, 2016, 09:03:12 PM
I think the Mezco Dredd looks awful and robustness doesn't really matter to me so I'm happy. He's a lot less gurney in real life too. You do get very defensive of 3A if anyone slights them if you don't mind me saying BPP. You don't own shares in them? :)

Said before alas not happy (personally) with either face from either brand.  As for body types, I think Mezco hits the mark with those who went with the Bulkier build, 3A has captured (perfectly) Bollands style of Lean and Mean.

Think its more a question of robust. However I'm on that for a lean and mean robust figure to replace the 3A body.

teckno viking

Quote from: SIP on 09 December, 2016, 05:38:34 PM
Thanks Teckno-viking. I thought I had been pretty balanced in presenting the pros and cons of both figures.

"This thing you bought...." - I bought them both BPP.

Am I allowed to go on the prog review thread or the movie review thread and express preferences?

I'm supporting 3a all the way here, I have death, Sam slade, dredd, lawmaster, fear on the way, mortis and 1/6 dredd on pre order.

Anyway, I neither have the time nor inclination to spend on Internet squabbles, so perhaps BPP would be gracious enough to allow me to express an opinion on something I spent a lot of money on and we can all move on.

No worries SIP. TBH I know I have been labelled a Mezco fanboy due to my praise of them. Easy to show praise when you have the products in hand and WOW look at that Finally 3A delievered the goods and Positive comments that outweigh the Negatives from  me, Am I a 3A fanboy now?  No. I collect and customise figures, its as simple as that. Here it is wanting the PERFECT Dredd for me and that will come from utilising both brands and some customising too.
Some are happy as is, alas never am.