Main Menu

Pets corner

Started by strontium71, 21 January, 2013, 10:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-Ball

Quote from: ZenArcade on 10 June, 2014, 08:06:13 PM
Thought so, the're bred to it....my father had spaniels years ago (gun dogs); that was back when anything he shot was a welcome addition to the table for five kids....I hasten to add we would be anti blood sports in a big way. Z

We got her as a puppy from a neighbour who was keeping her as an eventual gun dog. She was the runt of the litter; her brothers and sisters are huge compared to her.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

ZenArcade

And they say never pick the runt of the litter....goes to show eh.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

'Internaly screams with joy' I'm not even joking here, Spaniels are my bloody life blood. I can think of no other breed of dog, or even animal, that brings me so much joy and thats a damn beautiful little creature you have their, 8-B. Cherish her, she'll bring you much joy and ammusement. Cockers are my favouride breed but we've had one Springer in the past, max, now sadly in great doggy heaven. Currently we only have the one golden cocker, Poppy. A typical, rombunxious type, though we've yet to encourage her to swim. I'm taking her to Capernwray as i'm diving next week end (a friend will be looking after her while i'm under. The training area will be ideal for her I think, only half a meter deep.

Thanks for the kind words about Sprocket the cat. We'll hear back from the vet on friday concerning her blood sample. Wish it could be sooner but alas, thats how things are. I'm at home all day tomorrow so i'll try and moniter her behaviour, hopefully if I treat her well enough she'll pirk up.

8-Ball

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 10 June, 2014, 08:19:38 PM
'Internaly screams with joy' I'm not even joking here, Spaniels are my bloody life blood. I can think of no other breed of dog, or even animal, that brings me so much joy and thats a damn beautiful little creature you have their, 8-B. Cherish her, she'll bring you much joy and ammusement.

Oh I do! I wasn't so sure at first when we got her in 2005. It was heartbreaking enough losing two previous dogs, one got hit by a motorbike in 1991 and the other of old age in 2003, and I didn't want to go through all that again. But now that we have her...  :D

I hope that Sprocket gets better. :(

Hawkmumbler

Well, we heard back from the vet today. It's not diabetes, Sprockets blood glucose levels are fine. So we're taking a second, cross reference sample and a urine sample. Chances are it's one of two things. Firstly, and rather more hopefully, it's a tape worm. Several species are listed as being immune to the average worming capsule. If this is the case then it can be flushed out with either medication or, if necessary, surgery, but at least their will be a high chance of recovery afterwords. Secondly, and much less chance hopefully, it's a brain tumor. If this is the case, then their really is only ONE option.

ZenArcade

Wish for the best and to hell with the worst. Hopefuly Sprocket'll be the dynamic bundle of joy you all love for a while yet. Z

8-Ball

Give my regards to Sprocket, Hawk. Fingers crossed for worms.

Mardroid

Quote from: 8-Ball on 19 June, 2014, 01:12:32 PM
Give my regards to Sprocket, Hawk. Fingers crossed for worms.

I agree, in contex, but I never thought I would ever read  "Fingers crossed for worms".

Hawkmumbler

Well we dropped of the samples this afternoon. Another 24 hours and we'll know whats up and what to do.

Colin YNWA

Good luck - hope it turns out for the best.

TordelBack

Best of luck there, Hawk.

Hawkmumbler

So after a month of insulin jabs and ever declining health, we decided to let Sprocket go. I said my goodbyes yesterday as I left the house and just got word from my mother that it's over. Goodbye Sprocket, my mad daft cat.

Colin YNWA

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like it was for the best.

JamesC

Sorry to hear about Sprocket. We lost a cat earlier this year and it still seems odd not having him around.

ZenArcade

Sad news there Hawk. My sympathies. Z