Main Menu

Pets corner

Started by strontium71, 21 January, 2013, 10:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

Sorry to hear that Flip-r. He looks like he was a fine dog.

We've had ours for 9 months now and although we never wanted a dog I can't imagine being without him now.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Dandontdare

aw, that's a great shame, he looks like a grand dog.

flip-r mk2

I would just like to thank you all for your kind comments, my family and I are most grateful for them all.
He was  big, daft, loyal and extremely lovable and is sorely missed, thank you once again .
filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Pete Wells

Poor little mite, sorry Flip-r.

Here's our puss, Michael Johnson with a new toy...

Albion

Quote from: Pete Wells on 25 January, 2014, 05:45:04 PM

Michael Johnson?
I have to know Pete, why is he called Michael Johnson?

radiator

I think its great. All cats should have surnames, ideally nonsensical ones. Or a title at least. Something distinguished, Doctor or Professor for example.

I'm looking after Clive this weekend; a massive, stupid smelly, slobbery mess of a dog who breathes so loudly he's like a canine Tony Soprano. He's awesome. We can't figure out what he is, breed-wise, but he's BIG - head like a bowling ball. We get great reactions when we take him out for walks, from huge grins to open-mouthed stares and coos, sometimes even mortal terror.

Pete Wells

Quote from: Albion on 25 January, 2014, 07:38:30 PM

Michael Johnson?

So would we! We got Michael Johnson for my daughter's fourth birthday and naturally let her name him. We were expecting 'Tiddles' or 'Fluffy' or something so were amazed and confused when she came up with Michael Johnson - there's no one at her school called that and it doubtful she'd have heard of Michael Jackson. A quick google tells us he was an Olympic sprinter, but again, there's no way she would have known that.

What's cool is he always gets his full title, never anything else. He's Michael Johnson, see?

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Pete Wells on 26 January, 2014, 12:51:46 AM

Michael Johnson?

So would we! We got Michael Johnson for my daughter's fourth birthday and naturally let hhe er name him. We were expecting 'Tiddles' or 'Fluffy' or something so were amazed and confused when she came up with Michael Johnson - there's no one at her school called that and it doubtful she'd have heard of Michael Jackson. A quick google tells us he was an Olympic sprinter, but again, there's no way she would have known that.

What's cool is he always gets his full title, never anything else. He's Michael Johnson, see?
This is the  best thing I have ever heard. Me and milady have been calling everything Michael Johnson since this evening and I have a strong confidene that from now on every inanimate object will be christened thus.

Ancient Otter

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 26 January, 2014, 01:37:59 AMThis is the  best thing I have ever heard. Me and milady have been calling everything Michael Johnson since this evening and I have a strong confidene that from now on every inanimate object will be christened thus.

Michael Johnson can be the new Rolo Tomassi.

TordelBack

Sorry to read about your dog, Flip-r, he looks like he was a terrific fellow.

Enjoyed the tale of Michael Johnson. All of our cats have had long elaborate names, ranks, titles and alias, but none so elegant as that.

My favourite of their names was Col. Oscar Meyer Wiener the Third, aka The Gaffer (now deceased). He acquired his surname because he could be reliable summoned by singing the Oscar Meyer hotdog jingle from The Simpsons.

Albion

Quote from: Pete Wells on 26 January, 2014, 12:51:46 AM
Michael Johnson?

So would we! We got Michael Johnson for my daughter's fourth birthday and naturally let her name him.

Thanks Pete. Brilliant story and exactly how a pet should be named. Love it.

radiator

Here's our pup - she's a Bernese Mountain Dog called Freya. Can't walk more than a few metres down the street with her without getting stopped by strangers so they can tell me how pretty she is.

Unfortunately she has had to have knee surgery so is currently confined to the flat, with strictly no walks for 8 weeks! :'(

ZenArcade

That is a fine figure of a dog...I hope she's gambolling about soon.
Posters are right about cats names. They are such supercillious B*****ds the name should totally rip the piss out of them. Z ps I adore cats btw.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dark Jimbo

Treated my cat to a bit of ham tonight. Within five minutes of doing so she'd brought me a mouse.
@jamesfeistdraws

ZenArcade

Thats the PC screwed then!
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead